13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2014 8:24 PM by peterkramer

Error 504 (Gateway timeout)

jefrey.cabatingan@gmail.com

I'm a Globe LTE subscriber and having problem visiting www.1shoppingcart.com as it always shows 504 error (Gateway Timeout Error). The said website is working properly using different ISPs (PLDT, Smart and Sky Broadband).

Already reported this issue on Globe's technical hotline. They just told me that the concern has been escalated but it was almost a month since I reported the problem but there's still no solution.

Anyone having the same problem?

• Re: Error 504 (Gateway timeout)
          Jeian

The website is properly working. It could be on your end alone or the problem is the website limiting the number of congruent users on the same I.P.

Thank you for your response Jelan.

Are you also a Home LTE subscriber? I have asked my colleagues who are using the same service (Globe LTE) to access the site and had the same result.

This is a public website and limiting access to user's with the same IP is highly improbable especially when they are selling their products and services there.

I have already applied all the possible solution:

1. Conducted ping and traceroute

2. Changing the DNS

3. Restarting the router

4. Clearing browser cache

5. Tried other devices (Mobiles, Tablet and PCs) to access the site.

The problem was reported to Globe's technical support but with no definite solution.

Anybody there who can access the website with the same service (Globe LTE)? I'm starting to doubt Globe's capability to negotiate and create route to other DNS servers.

Jeian

Yes. They use this kind of i.p limiting to prevent spams. Also what dns did

you change?. I am using opendns.

Incase that there are still problem you may use proxy or vpn

On Monday, July 14, 2014, [email protected] <

It's not IP limiting just to be precise. It's QoS. Also, QoS wouldn't respond with a 504 error.  In my case, I'm stuck with 504 error each time I access the site.

Already tried those DNS but still no luck while using proxy or vpn is just a band-aid solution. What I need is a long-term solution. That long-term solution is for Globe to fix their network routes.

Anyway thanks!

Jeian

Hi!

1. If nothing has worked up to this point, contacting the website is

probably the next best thing to do. There's a good chance the website

administrators are already working to fix the root cause of the 504 Gateway

Timeout error, assuming they're aware of it, but there's nothing wrong

touching base with them.

See my Website Contact Information

<http://pcsupport.about.com/od/resources/tp/website-contact-information.htm>

page

for help figuring out how to contact popular websites. Most major sites

have social networking accounts they use to help support their services and

some even have telephone numbers and email addresses.

Tip: If it's starting to look like the website might be giving a 504

error for everyone, searching Twitter for real-time information about the

site's outage is often helpful. The best way to do this is to search for

#websitedown on Twitter. For example, if Facebook might be down,

search #facebookdown <https://twitter.com/search?q=%23facebookdown> .

2. Contact your Internet Service Provider. It's very likely at this

point, after following all the troubleshooting above, that the 504 Gateway

Timeout that you're seeing is a problem caused by a network issue that your

ISP is responsible for.

Tip: See How To Talk To Tech Support

<http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/qt/techsupprob.htm> for

tips on talking to your Internet Service Provider about this problem.

3. Come back later. You've exhausted all your options at this point and

the 504 Gateway Timeout error is either in the hands of the website or your

ISP to correct.

Check back with the site regularly. No doubt it'll start working again

soon.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 5:24 PM, [email protected] <

Jeian

You may also try visiting 209.17.119.203 for the website

jakebergonia

I think this is a BIG problem with Globe Telecoms. I also often experience this 504 error. Try accessing http://www.thelobbyist.biz using Globe connection, this will give you 504 error. Most of our web subscribers/online columnist are asking if our website is down even though its not, and we ask them what connection they used and they told us that its Globe.  Subscribers should not be given just a band-aid solution but a concrete solution and these solutions should not be coming from us and we are not the one who should be doing this DNS thing. Hope that Globe Telecoms resolves this issue once and for all.

peterkramer

I'm using a prepaid Globe Tattoo USB device. I get Gateway timeouts at the US patent and trademark site (uspto.gov) and at efs.uspto.gov, and at 151.207.240.95 , and at  151.207.240.57, and also at the US National Library of Medicine website or at addresses therein. I have had some occasional luck accessing these sites in off hours. Today I had to go to Star Computer in Toledo City, bringing a USB drive that had my digital certificate and various pdf documents in order to file a patent application because I was getting Gateway timeout errors. It was slow going at Star computer, but at least I was able to file the patent application for my client.