6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2016 4:34 AM by yeahright

Why is there added charges on my bill like VAT?

mjgaudier

Good Morning I'm Joepet a new user and I would like to ask why I have Vat charged on my bill? I was not informed of it and if I was, I wouldn't have availed the plan in the first place. Being charged by exceeding consumable and using other network transactions are understandable. but being charged when you didn't do such is kinda disappointing.

• Re: Why is there added charges on my bill like VAT?
          RNav

mjgaudier 12% VAT is already embedded on the Plans (Plan 299, Plan 499, etc.), promos and regular rates (SuperDuo 599, GoSurf 999, P6.50 per minute Globe to Globe/TM, P7.50 per minute Globe to non-Globe, etc.).

To illustrate, Plan 1799 is composed of a Monthly Recurring Fee (MRF) of P1,606.25 and 12% VAT of P192.75. The P1.00 charge per SMS is composed of a basic fee of P0.89 plus 12% VAT of P0.11. I believe one form of "VAT" or tax that varies is Overseas Communication Tax.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              ChitoReyes

To add what RNav mentioned, VAT is alreay incorporated in the published rates of Globe.

We cannot avoid VAT... it is a government mandated tax and is applied to almost anything you purchase... sometimes we are not conscious of it as it has been integrated already in the price but strictly speaking, the seller or service provider has to give you a breakdown of the base price before VAT is added.

mjgaudier

the thing is, I never used any international services. why do i still have additional VAT on my bills when my plan 999 is VATed already. 

neilph

mjgaudier try to check what are those international services in your bill. It can be activation SMS from your apps. As has been pointed out above, VAT is almost unavoidable and Globe is a VAT-able entity to all it's billings have VAT in them. It's just that they are mandated by BIR to present the VAT separately. This is also true with international services. But while the rate for local VAT is 12%, the OCT or Overseas Communication Tax is only 10%.

If you have consumables, international services other than some roaming charges are charges against these consumables.

If your have your first bill, the contents of the bill is usually explained in detail and the nature of charges are discussed there.

RNav

mjgaudier If you didn't make any international calls and text, you may have exceeded your PV or your consumable amount. You may want to post a screenshot of the summary of usage section (found on the last page) of your bill so we can clarify certain things. You may also seek the assistance of a CSR from 211 for further explanation. 

yeahright

VAT

This line shows the 12% Value Added Taxes charge on monthly recurring fees, one-time charges, local, domestic and other usages, as required by law.