6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 6:33 PM by zyper95

New LG G3 is permanently locked and cannot be unlocked?

couchpotato

I just bought my G3 from globe last week and expected na syempre globe locked sya. I was surprised when I tried using my smart sim sa phone the other day and it worked. So mukang nde globe locked ung phone ko.

Okay na sana kaso when I checked the sim unlock menu (2945#*855#) it says na "This phone is permanently locked and cannot be unlocked." According to google, you get this message daw after 5 (or 10?) failed attempts to enter unlocking codes.

But the phone is new and wala pa kong ginagawang unlock. Heck, nde pa nga naka setup fb/ig/gmail accounts ko sa phone.

What do you think guys? Permanently locked din ba G3 nyo?

Should I have it checked/replaced by globe? Medyo ayoko since sayang ung nde sya globe locked? Hehe

Or baka may alam kayong way to reset the counter?

Thanks in advance!

• Re: New LG G3 is permanently locked and cannot be unlocked?
          iggy

HI couchpotato,

That's quite unfortunate. I know that you are itching to try your new LG G3 (and who wouldn't, you picked a nice phone). From my understanding is that you are getting that error message despite inserting your Globe SIM card is that correct?

couchpotato

hi iggy thanks for responding

wala naman error message when i used my globe sim, sorry ang gulo ata ng sinabi ko. hehe. actually it works fine with my globe sim, kahit smart sim okay nga e. Feeling swerte pa nga ko kasi mukang nde nalock kay globe ung phone, hehe.

The error message appears when I try to unlock the phone via the SIM unlock menu. Now, I don't have any unlock codes and wala naman akong plan i-unlock ung phone for now. Sa ibang globe locked phones kasi may prompt to enter the unlock code when you go to the sim unlock menu.

So my concern lang is dapat ko ba ipacheck sa globe ung phone? Kasi supposedly new ung phone and nde dapat permanently locked. Naisip ko lang baka nde ko na mapa-unlock in the future... Gusto ko sana icheck other G3 phones pero ako pa lang naka-G3 sa friends ko hehe

zyper95

couchpotato I also checked my LG G2 mini which is also unlocked to all network. Same message din ang nakita ko "This phone is permanently locked and cannot be unlocked." Ang alam ko pag nag-click ka either Network Lock or SIM/USIM lock dapat may prompt ng "Enter Unlock Code" this means naka-lock sa specific provider yung phone pero kung walang prompt it means factory unlocked sya.