1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 13, 2014 3:09 PM by iggy

Slow internet connection on wimax. Been experiencing this since last week. I already paid my bill.

ramiee03

There is slow connection on te wimax since last week. I am paying in time. And I don't know why there is still slow internet connection and sometimes there is no connection at all.

• Re: Slow internet connection on wimax. Been experiencing this since last week. I already paid my bill.
          iggy

Hi ramiee03

I know that having slow internet speeds can get real annoying. Let me do my best to help you out with your slow internet speed.

There are multiple reasons why you may be experiencing slow internet speed. One thing that we have to consider is the signal or CINR (Carrier to Interference-plus-Noise Ratio). If you can perform 3 speed tests (via http://www.speedtest.net and post the results (preferably to a Globe Telecom server to isolate interconnection discrepancy with the results)

We also need to consider any environmental problems, by any chance did you moved your modem (if you have the ones that don't have an external antenna)? If there is a router near by the modem, please keep a distance of at least a meter or 2 as this can cause interference since WiMax and Wi-Fi uses almost the same frequency.

For now, I'd also like you to Power Cycle your devices and clear the cache and cookies on your browser.

I hope to hear from you soon so that we can see where the problem lies.

1 of 1 people found this helpful