3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 11:05 PM by davidansagario

I want to buy a new modem, can i replace my old modem Aztech dsl5001en?

roe_tony

because the modem provided by globe to me has a bug.. i cannot detect my wifi using my phone and tablet. but in my laptop everything is fine.

• Re: I want to buy a new modem, can i replace my old modem Aztech dsl5001en?
          notevenfollowed

Why buy if you can ask for a replacement for free?

Call the 027301000 hotline

jujut ..

Hi roe_tony if the device provided to you by Globe is deffective you can call the HL for Basic Trouble shootings and to isolate your concern to make sure if your device is really deffective or kailangan lng ayusin ang settings or you may also visit any nearest Globe store for device checking ..

davidansagario

Hi @roe_tony,

Thanks for being with globe community!

For wireless detection problem, there are numerous causes of this issue.

For further assistance, please call the hotline and for worse case scenario, you will be provided with an onsite visit to fix this problem.

Usual Causes:

>>Wireless Interference

Resolution: Isolate anything that may cause wireless interference, carpeted walls, devices that emit wireless interference such as microwave ovens, fridges, wireless telephone line, carpeted floors, woolen cloth, etc.

>>Wireless Channel Configuration

Resolution: change the wireless channel of the device to the usual channels that do not cause wireless interference such as 9 and 11

>>Wireless Compatibility of Device and Router Settings

Resolution: Please check your device if it is compatible with the wireless configuration. If it needs special configuration, please configure your router to whatever suits your device

>>Old password stored in the Device

Resolution: If an old password is stored in your device, it will never connect to the network. Try forgetting the network and reconnect with the password that your router currently has. This usually is the reason why we could not connect to the wireless network

There are tons of other causes of wireless connection problems. You may further search more via Google and it usually helps.

Self-learning is the key to becoming successful in whatever endeavor we may venture in. Always think positive and never give up even if the line gets to its thinnest, but when it becomes really hard for you, you can always let go. It's a personal choice and whatever makes you happy makes everyone else happy too!

I hope this helps you and I hope you would enjoy being with us in globe!

Thanks and Best Regards!

-davidansagario