5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2014 12:22 PM by ChitoReyes

my postpaid plan roaming charged me a lot in texting and calling?

switleena

My family send me a text coming from Philippines and I'm in China.... every time they send me SMS and I response to them it charged me a lot! But to my surprised is, they call me in my roaming number and I was also charged! They are the one who called me and of course they have to buy load, they already charged and I'm also CHARGED... my bill goes up to 25k for 3weeks only???

• Re: my postpaid plan roaming charged me a lot in texting and calling?
          jujut ..

Hi switleena ..

This is the reason why your bill goes up in instant .. it means incoming services is not free..

Roaming Operator        China Mobile (China Mobile Communication Corp.)    CU -GSM (China Unicom Corp. Ltd.)

• Incoming Call         Php 46.00/min. + Globe IDD Rate ($0.40)/min.         Php 46.00/min.+ Globe IDD Rate($0.40)/min.

• Outgoing Call Charges (Domestic) Php 46.00/min.                                            Php 46.00/min.

• IDD Calls to the Philippines               Php 150.00/min.                                        Php 150.00/min.
            nonoa

Hi Switleena,

Im sorry to hear that, jujut arceo seems to be correct but as far as i know globe changed the rates for this, here's the new rate.

All outgoing calls is 120 pesos per minute.

All incomming calls is 60 pesos per minute. 

All Outgoing SMS is 20 pesos per message.

Receiving SMS is for free.

So in your case switleena, if i'm not mistaken, globe still charge you for recieving call from PH to China though they must have load to contact you.

ChitoReyes

Yes Welcome to the world of GSM and roaming.

Unlike here in the Philippines where incoming calls (and SMS) are free and charges are all incurred by the caller/sender, many of the carriers abroad have a corresponding charge for receiving calls or even text messages.

By roaming abroad, we utilize the host county's networks and are subjected to their rates and tariffs and are passed on to Globe which in turn is charged to you.

What is charged in the Philippines is your friend's call to the Globe network BUT from the Globe network to your roaming number is charged to your account subject to your host carrier's rates PLUS taxes. It is not wise to use a roaming number UNLESS you are really expecting an important call. What is advisable is just to get a prepaid number from your host country and use it to be called or to call others... it's much cheaper that way.