12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2014 5:04 AM by ChitoReyes

Missing Rewards Points

erikumali

Hi guys

I am currently subscribed out of contract to My Super Plan 999 with an additional My Super One for a monthly bill of P1174. In your website, it is indicated that I "can earn 5 points for every P100 billed amount," and that I "earn points based on [my] full usage." (About Rewards Points FAQs)

However, since the yearly reset on March 31, I have only earned 31 rewards points. Could someone explain why is it that so?

Based on my computation, if I earn points based on my full usage (at least P1174 per month), and that I earn 5 points for every P100, and that it is now September (it has been 6 months), I should have earned at least 352.2 points by now, or at least 58.7 points per month, and that's discounting my months of excess.

Please note that I have never used any of my rewards points this year.

Thank you

Here's the link to the rewards points FAQs: About Reward Points | Rewards | Help and Support

• Re: Missing Rewards Points
          zyper95

Based on the Terms and Conditions for Globe rewards see Rewards - Postpaid.

Capture.JPG

erikumali

zyper95, thanks for the input, but I have considered that.

And even if I didn't know that it resets every March 31, it wouldn't matter. I should be earning 58 points per month, which is way more than the 31 points that I currently have. And it's already September. So yeah...

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

zyper95

Basically, you will earn your monthly points depending on your cut-off period.

erikumali

zyper95, it's been 6 months since March 31. Shouldn't I have gotten way more than 31 points with a plan 999 + superone 175?

Plus, as I have stated, my one month worth of points should be way more than the 31 that I have.

By the way, my cut-off period is every 26th of the month. Just FYI.

zyper95

erikumali since your reward points expired last March 31, so basically it will start earning again from the start of your cut-off period which is 26th of the next month which is April not from the month of March. As for my understanding of the terms and condition, I will tag paulos and joshl to this thread they might be able to further assist you or you can also contact the hotline Contact Us.

erikumali

Dude, I get that. I already stated that I know Globe resets the points on the last day of March of every year. I stated that in the opening post. I also stated that I have considered the reset in my second post.

What I'm pointing is that the Math doesn't make sense.

It's been 6 months (March 26-April 26 [1st month], April 27-May 26 [2nd month], May 27-June 26 [3rd month], June 27-July 26 [4th month], July 27-August 26 [5th month], August 27-September 26 [6th month]), and I have only accumulated 31 points.

Since my plan is plan 999 with a my superone add-on, my monthly bill is P1,174. And according to the globe website, I should be getting 5 points for every P100. And since I am out of contract, my entire bill is considered.

So, per month, I should be getting: P1,174 x (5 points/P100) = 58.7 points. That is way beyond the 31 rewards points that I currently have.

See the math that doesn't make sense?

Anyway, thanks for your time

zyper95

You should not count the cut-off for the month of March 26, 2014 - April 27, 2014 since your previous reward point is still active till March 31, 2014 which is the last day to claim it. Basically, you will have to start from April 27 - June 26 until Aug 27 - Sept 26. If you need more clarification, kindly call the hotline Contact Us.

erikumali

So what happens to the points earned from April 1 to April 27? I only earn points after the billing statement right?

And besides, even if I start at April 27, that's still 5 months. 5 months unaccounted for.

I would call the hotline, but Loyalty Rewards dept. is only available from 8AM to 10PM. And customer care does not have access to details regarding rewards points (or they would rather pass it to the Loyalty dept.).

ChitoReyes

Are you still under a lock up period?

If you are, then you only earn points based on your excess usage... It might explain why you earned only 31 points

From About Reward Points | Rewards | Help and Support

I'd like to earn reward points so I can redeem items I like; how can I earn reward points?

The amount of points you can earn will depend on your usage. The more you use your Globe mobile,the more points you earn.

If your account is within lock-up, you earn points for every usage above your monthly recurring fee. (Ex. If you are under plan 500 and your total usage is Php1,100.00, you'll earn points for Php600.00 excess usage).

If your account is free of lock-up or if you applied for a line only, you earn points based on your full usage. (Ex. If you are under plan 500 and your total usage is P1100-you earn points for P1100 usage).

erikumali

talk@globe.com.ph has replied to this concern that I sent them.

"Dear Mr. Umali,

Thank you for letting us know your concern about our service. Our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Please be informed that we have ongoing system migration in updating your Globe Rewards points. We do not have definite time for restoration.

Rest assured that your points will be updated once the migration is done." (my emphasis)

So for those who are also missing rewards points, this is Globe's answer.  It's only a temporary thing, and it will be fixed once Globe has migrated to their new system, whenever that is.

Now, what if the migration happens after the yearly cut-off, which is on March 31, 2015? I don't know. You might get to keep all the points you should've gotten in 2014, or you might lose the 2014 points you should have gotten since it's a systematic reset.