35 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2015 5:00 PM by Jeian

2474 - Club Content Subscription

greenmartian

I got my bill and it shows that I was charged for a Club Content Subscription and it's almost 300 pesos.

I twitted Globe to explain to me what the charge is for, they told me that I subscribed daw kasi sa 2474. They told me to text CHECK to 2474 and magrereply daw yun kung may subscription nga ko na active.

Walang reply yung 2474 which means na wala akong active subscription.

I was told to text STOP and EF OFF daw to unsubscribe. At this point, I thought na why would I unsubscribe from something I am not suscribe to? Pero sige lang, para sure.

Sabi magrereply daw yung 2474 to let me know na unsubscribe na ko, though it doesn't make sense, sige lang.

I waited.... (as of this writing, wala pa ring reply yung 2474 and that was last week pa.)

Then after about 15 minutes, yung nagreply is 8888 which is yung Globe din at sinabi ngang unsubscribe na raw ako. So naisip ko na hindi third party yung 2474 dahil Globe yung nag unsubscribe sakin, tama? SIla din pala yun.

More or less 10 reps ang nagassist sakin sa Twitter, ilang beses akong hiningan ng kung anu-anong info na paulit-ulit ko namang binigay.

Ilang beses ni-verify ang account ko.

Ilang beses akong sinabihan na ifo forward daw nila sa Support Team nila.

Finally there was a reply na ok na daw. Na process na.

So I thought, na-reverse na yung amount, upon checking my balance, hindi na-reverse. Then sinabihan nila ako na ang na process LANG daw is yung pag unsubscribe sakin kasi nga daw may subsciption talaga ako sa 2474.

I asked them kung para san ba yung (insert swear words here) club content na yun.

Here is the verbatim reply:

"2474 is the one used by Entertainment Factory and Yeeha Fun Club. The latter is only sent to kids and tweens. Entertainment Factory is responsible for miscellaneous downloads like music and wallpapers."

Seriously??? Kids and tweens??? Miscellaneous downloads???

Hindi daw nila ma reverse yung charge... TOTAL BS!

*sorry, nakakainis lang kasi talaga.

**I have this feeling na may mag memessage sakin asking me how they can help regarding this after apologizing for what happened and understanding my frustration.

• Re: 2474 - Club Content Subscription
          Paulo D

Hi greenmartian!

Sent you a private message which you can view from the menu above.

Ryan Jae Ongcuangco

I had the same case, I'll check bill once its already generated.

I raised this issue with paulos  and i don't know what happened then.

Dapat kasi hinde na ina-allow yung mga ganyan na third party mobile content vendor provider, Perwisyo lang dala nyan!

Yang 2474 na yan sumosobra na yan!

Ryan Jae Ongcuangco

It can only be valid if you initiated the subscription, Pero sa naobserve ko may nag ssubscribe in our behalf di ko alam kung mismong efactory ang gumagawa nyan o isang tao na walang magawa sa buhay. Kase sa desktop site ng efactory pwede mo isubscribe kahit sinong number na gusto mo eh basta magaling ka lang mag edit ng url.

greenmartian

exactly my point...

di ko na nga din ni-raise yung concern ko na first day ko pa lang makuha yung post paid number ko, yung unang nagtext sakin nagbebenta pa ng Condo... telemarketer agad...

up until now marami pa ring nagtetext ng ganun... not to mention the scammers...

it's either they have access to all the Globe subscribers or random nilang ginagawa which is mahirap...

dun pa lang, wala na yung sense of security na confidential na tinatago ng Globe number ko...

Paulo D

greenmartian You can check The Next Step to #StopSPAM and Globe's Anti-Spam Campaign: How To Report Scam or Spam Text Messages to learn more. Rest assured that Globe values your privacy. We do not give out or sell phone numbers of our subscribers. There are a lot of marketing companies that actually harvest these numbers.

You can help us further by reporting any text spam and scam. Just go to http://globe.com.ph/stopspam and provide all the details required.

ChitoReyes

That Club Factory has been a perennial problem ever since it started many years ago and I myself complained to Globe in barring that service because of its misleading way to lure people by making false claims of providing free services by clicking something in their webpage and letting you provide your mobile number.

Children, tweens and even adults are victims of this scam and I just wonder why Globe is unable to stop this. Their fine print is indicated in very small letters and the potential victim would probably not see it at all.

By the way, the telco involved always gets a share out of these services

Jeian

I am also a victim. Sending "STOP ALL" is not the answer. I had created a case for this on my last call. Expecting for great answers.

angelmicx

The real problem in this is how does globe know we were trully the ones that subscribed (in case of the website subscription thingy)

They should still ask for further proof of the subscriber's identity if he/she really is the owner of the number being subscribed to...

Also was able to opt out (at last) using the CHECK keyword... Will they also use that against me (like in greenmartian 's case) so they can refuse my demmand for a reversal.

Ryan Jae Ongcuangco

As I mentioned previously, These issue was not an isolated cases. Somebody is initiating to subscribed "Us" from the said Access Number, How? By editing the html format of the website/wapsite Url of Efactory.

I haven't received any updates on paulos as to what are the measures taken after Globe knew about these, I just hope this security breech on Efactory will put to an end, and those directly involved whether it was from Efactory or not will be sanctioned accordingly. I know they can trace the logs of the connection used to access the efactory website.

And for all affected subscribers, These I can tell you texting STOP to 2474 won't solve the problem as It will just re-subscribed you the next morning. It simply works the same way as text spamming but this time around WE ARE CHARGED Php10 everyday for the transaction that we don't actually did.

Filing billing dispute would add up to the aggravation and Inconvenience, Not to mention that It will still be subject for Approval, and there is no guarantee that It will not happen again. The only temporary workaround here is to Stop/Suspend Efactory and all Third Party mobile content Provider while conducting Investigation as to if they can still continue their affiliation with Globe, But in my Personal Opinion It would be for the greatest interest of Subscriber if Globe will refrain from allowing these companies to offer Value Added services. Period end of Problems.

GlennO help us please.

zyper95

I think this company should be investigated at their website B2C | BinbitGroup it shows that they have an office in Ortigas Offices | BinbitGroup. For sure they already getting hundreds of thousand from subscribers who do not know what service this shady company is providing.

Capture 2.JPG

angelmicx

Update:

called 211 last saturday and Ms. Kaye.. After a bit of explaination and some comparative example, I was able to get a reversal of fees. Although the call was disconnected before everything has been explained, I called again and Mr. Kenji was able to complete the said transaction and was able to get the said fee reversal rolling..

I received a message today confirming that the request I asked for was completed...

I checked my balance again & voila, the excess ON TOP fee is gone.. ^_^

jacp

I am also experiencing the same problem for three consecutive months now. Been asking the customer service to make the necessary adjustment. I do not want to pay for something I did not use. Can they do something about it? This is so inconvenient, having to contact them everytime they bill us incorrectly.

zyper95

Yes, just call the hotline and report about it. They should be able to reverse the charges and also ask for assistance how to block it so you won't incur additional charges on your next billing.

jacp

Did it for the two previous bills and now they are still charging me. Called again but was not able to get in, tried the chat and requested. My plan is 2499 i am charge with 2819.05, 285.76 for the club subscription. I asked for the reversal of the charges. The one who assisted me reversed only 285.76 excluding the vat of 34.29 for the club subscription. I asked for the VAT to be reversed also, since if I was not billed wrongly, my bill would have been 2499 only. But then the representative I talked with said that the club subscription is the only thing they can reverse. Which is inconsistent since I have been asking for reversal before and the two previous reversals include the club subscription and the VAT. This is so inconvenient.

hazelsantiago

Good day sir/ma'am, is there anyway to block 2474 or the EFactory Club Subscription? Our bill for the last 3 months increased by almost Php 800.00 just because of this Club Subscription that keeps on sending messages about their promos and informing us that we have access to them. I don't know who subscribed us on that club subscription, I don't even know how to subscribe to them so I am really confused on why is this happening. I tried opting out of the subscription multiple times, sometimes they reply that my opt out request is being processed and i won't be able to receive notifications from them the next day but then they will send same messages again about their promos and our subscription. What should I do to totally block them from adding me to their subscription again? I think it is unfair to pay for something that we don't even use.

fritzpenosa

this same to my situation now,,, I never used my plan sim and never inserted to the sim slot for almost 5 days,,, When I see my account to the globe everyday the meter had increase first its 148.77, n the next day 157.87 next day again 168.77, 176, and now 208... i so disappointed with this,,, goddam,,,

einna75

I am also in the same situation as yours im getting a text message from 2479 from my gameloft subscription ko raw???? and im being charged almost weekly for P20.Today, this was my 4th time to email their globebiz about my concern because last week they told me that they already deactivated my subscription but just this morning  same text and same charges has been applied so again i emailed them again and got the same answer that they already deactivated it but how come i am repeatedly getting those nuisance text scam from 2479, anyone of you guys who can helpme on this. GLOBE BIZ has no assurance that i will no longer receive those messages again because it was a push subscription daw.

Nalakasira ng araw when you receive this kind of message lalo na kung hindi mo naman talaga ginamit. I seldom use my phone for call and text kung d lang talaga important para lang di lumaki ang  bills tapos masashock ka lang when you saw your billing worth P750 from the scammers.

talil

hell, man! I was charged with it too! But they reversed it coz i went to the business center personally. Kc ang alam ko lng tlga my plan should only be 1999. no more, no less. basta i denied lang tlga na hindi ko alam ung Club Content na yon (which i totally don't know about) .. still it's a hassle.

janadikit

Same thing here... Ito sa live agent chat pag nilagay mo yung ticket number pag hihintayin ka ng FOREVER.. pero pag fresh chat may sasagot HAHAHA 2474 na yan  267.90

XXXAGENT: I already processed the adjustment and this will be reflected on your next bill.Wed Jan 28 2015 13:46:12 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

kikoman

Hi, same thing happened to me. In 4 months (Jan-April 2015), I have been charge with the Club Content Subscription for a total of 982.3. I have already contacted talk [email protected] but they told me that those were valid transactions. When I asked them to give the details regarding this VAS transactions, they only told me that they would not be able to provide details since those were secured transaction. I am currently asking(demanding) them to prove to me the validity of those transactions.

excerpt about the secured transactions:

Good day!

Thank you for letting us know your concern. We hope this email finds you well. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

In as much that I would like to address your request, we are unable to provide a list of your data transactions since this is done in a secured manner and there is no way for us to data usages from the system. Thus, we don’t have an access to view it and give details.