6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 6:26 PM by athan

Billing period vs lock in period (post paid)

athan

Good day,

I am currently enrolled in plan 499. The plan started last 9/2012 and I believe this should be end 9/2014 for a 2 years contract. Month of october came and no notification received stating the end of the contract. So I decided to contact globe and ask for the status of the plan. I told them that I already received the 24th month bill and expected the termination of the contract. The agent confirmed it but as he verified in their system, the lock in period of the plan has a termination date of 10/2015.        (nyare?!). And we took too long conversation, told my side and listened to their side. Case numbers have been issued (yes... NUMBERS... Ang dami...) the first issued case number has been closed with no resolution (yun ang hindi ko na gets). They closed the case number with no resolution. Second case number issued (aba iba pala ang concern, hindi kami nag ka intindihan). I keep following up the status and keep waiting for 48 hrs for the update. 2 new case numbers issued.       . Then the agent told me to visit the store and inquire about it. The truth is, naguguluhan na ako... the issue was not made by myself so I think creating the case number should be enough and the resolution team should take action from that.       . Tsaka iba iba ang advice ng agents. I understand naman that they have their own opinions how the issue should be resolved. Pero what I observed is that they verifying the issue to the escalation team before giving the answer. So dapat consistent ang escalation team sa pagsagot. Kasi job nila un. Unless hindi pa na e-encounter ang case na to kaya iba iba ang response.     

Sana naman ma resolved.

Thanks sa magbabasa at sa mag rereply.

Athan

• Re: Billing period vs lock in period (post paid)
          ChitoReyes

Hi athan

Unless specified otherwise, the lock in period of the old plans were usually 24 months and I assume that you have your dates computed correctly. You may want to tell them of the plan and gadget you availed of and if it would correspond to their records. If it does and you have intentions of terminating your plan then I suggest you just inform them right now in writing and pay your last billing statement making sure that you would not use your plan anymore.

Assuming that we are both correct, let them go after you so Globe's vulnerability would be exposed and they would be forced to make amends. Most probably it is the cause of the much criticized system updates and migration which happened sometime last year.

Until they resolve it, you would continue to be charged and you shall receive your billing statements but you are in no obligation to pay for Globe's mistake. In all probability, they will just write it off. In the meantime, check the status of your account even if you have informed Globe of your termination. Check how long the issue would be resolved. It is important that it does so they would not hold it against you in case you apply for another plan with them.

athan

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Giving them a writing for the purpose of terminating the plan is not possible. Because technically, I finished the contract of the plan. As I said to my post, the roll of the plan started last Sept. 2012 with a 2 years contract and should be end Sept or October this year. I already received all my 24 billing statements which is equivalent to 24 months (2 years). The issue was cited on their system. One agent gave me a resolution for the issue, it's either 1) terminate the contract (but the problem will be I'm going to pay the remaining months until October 2015. But this will be unfair for me because there were no consent from me or no agreement for extension or 2) wave the contract (which I think will go a long process).

ChitoReyes

Whether you are finished with the lock in period or not, you still have to inform Globe of your intention to terminate. All telcos follow this procedure. I am suggesting that you put it in writing and have it duly received by the Globe Business office and keep a received copy for your files. You will need that in case it gets elevated to higher dispute resolution bodies.

Since Globe is already in admission that their system is at fault, then cite it out in your termination letter. Again, you are in no obligation to pay for subscription that you did not ask for until October of 2015 due to a fault in their system. You have a right as a consumer and I strongly suggest you stand your ground otherwise it would seem ok for Globe to commit mistakes and charge their subscribers accordingly. I am sure they will understand your situation and will even try to make amends once it reaches the higher ups.

I do not get what you meant in option 2 of waiving the contract but even if it takes a long process, it might be the right thing to do. Just don't pay anything more than what you demanded for.