2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2014 6:15 AM by ChitoReyes

P800.00 on top of bill for data charges

ydennekss

Can anyone help me or give me tips on how can i request for adjustments on my bill for data charges. I was charged extra P800.00 whereas I requested for a limit of P500.00 when I called globe last month.

• Re: P800.00 on top of bill for data charges
          zyper95

What is your current credit limit for your plan? If you have requested to limit your charges so you will not reach your credit limit, it is possible that your request is not yet applied. Better call the billing department via the hotline Contact Us. However, billing adjustment for services that you have used is not possible. Usually billing adjustment can only be requested or adjusted in case you have not use any services of Globe (such as data, sms, or calls) but you are billed for it.

• Re: P800.00 on top of bill for data charges
            ChitoReyes

The credit limit is different from the spending limit which you have requested Globe to apply to your account. It may be that that your request would still be applicable in the next billing cycle after you made the request and thus your current period was not covered.

If we look closely though on the provisions of the Terms and Conditions of Globe, the company may not do anything at all even if you requested for a spending limit making it a useless request. (Check Article 4.1).

Just my thoughts and it actually makes me wonder why they had to include such provisions just to confuse the consumer.

ARTICLE 3 CREDIT LIMIT

3.1. You will be assigned a credit limit which specifies the maximum recurring charges which you may subscribe to.

3.2. We reserve the sole right to review the criteria for the increase/decrease of your credit limit and approve or disapprove any such request subject to existing terms and conditions. We may also proactively increase your credit limit and notify you thereof. If you do not concur to your new credit limit, you have to inform us thereof within the specified period as indicated on the notification. Failure on your part to do the same shall be deemed as acceptance of the new credit limit.

ARTICLE 4 SPENDING LIMIT

4.1. You may opt to set a spending limit which represents your cap which will enable you to manage your usage within a billing cycle. If you exceed your spending limit, we may require payment even before the end of your billing cycle or we may notify you through any of your contact details/numbers. Notwithstanding non-receipt of any notification, you may request, at any time, details about your unbilled charges by calling our Customer Service Hotline (+6327301000); visiting any of our Globe Stores nearest you; or consulting your account manager. Failure on your part to inquire about your unbilled charges for whatever reason does not absolve you from liability in settling your outstanding balance in excess of your spending limit. Further, we may bar, suspend or temporarily disconnect the Service as soon as you exceed your spending limit, or when otherwise warranted by abnormal usage patterns or other circumstances, without need of prior notice and liability on our part. You agree to pay for all usage whether within or in excess of your spending limit in order to continuously avail of the Service.

4.2. We reserve the sole right to review the criteria for the increase/decrease of your spending limit and approve or disapprove any such request subject to existing terms and conditions. We may also proactively increase your spending limit and notify you of the increase. If you do not concur to your new spending limit, you have to inform us within the specified period indicated in the notification. Failure on your part to advise us within the specified period shall be deemed as acceptance of the new spending limit.