4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2014 7:56 PM by xshinx

LTE Plan and data cap versus speed?

jrmmart

Please excuse my ignorance..............

I live in Abu, Baylao, Mambajao, Camiguin, Region X.  Globe currently does not have LTE coverage available here. I want to be able to download up to 10GB per month and not be subject to a data cap that reduces my internet speed. If I subscribe to a LTE WiFi plan can anyone tell me approximately what my 3G/HSPA/HSPA+ average speed will be and will my GB usage under the plan still be valid?

• Re: LTE Plan and data cap versus speed?
          xshinx

you can apply to tattoo go surf 999 it has a GB capacity of 5GB a month and if you go beyond that it has an anti bill shock of 1,500 even if you reach high volume of consumption. and speed is up to 42mbps

jrmmart

I really appreciate your recommendations. In ref to speed I have a 30 foot mast with a double stack 4G capable yagi antenna inside a small parabolic. I am less than 5 K from Mambajao and currently get 5 bars on a smart Wi-Fi. I am not here to "hate" so suffice it to say I am disenchanted with my current ISP and Tattoo at least makes clear it's policy on data caps and how the various plans work. I like up front plain language even while laughing at myself trying to learn Bisaya.

xshinx

there's always a room for learning. for plan supersurf (i guess its not offered any more to new subs) the data cap per day is 1GB a day and after that you will be on 2g speed your speed will be normal again after 12:01am the next day and the maximum cap is 3GB a month after that you will be on 2g. this is what they explain to me regarding globe fair use policy. the other surf offer is go surf which has variants of 99=100mb 299=700mb 499=1.5gb 799=3gb 999=5gb and after you consume all of that you will be charge 2peso/mb as far as i know. and they said that it has maximum charge for data amounting 1500pesos

ishtangli

Average speed will depend on several factors such as signal quality, distance from cell tower, congestion, etc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful