8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 3:47 PM by xshinx

Sim Card Activation!!!

snysf

I have this problem where the new LTE sim card given to me for my newly upgraded plan is still not yet activated after 5 LONG DAYS. Basically the process would be deactivate the old sim and transfer it to the new one?  Is that really hard to do? I'm really disappointed how the technical support handle this system inconsistencies... #SMH!

Does anyone experience this before? Any help?

• Re: Sim Card Activation!!!
          mjcdelarosa22

Hi.

It's definitely not just you who experience this problem. When I received my handset for loyalty, the sim actually never activated.

My friend has the same case, despite of numerous Hotline follow up for activation, it fails to activate.

My suggestion to you, just like what we did, was to have a Sim Replacement at the nearest globe store, you will be given with the new sim with the same mobile number. This is to lessen the infinite time you have to wait for the activation.

Please proceed to the globe store nearest you to have your sim replaced, so you now start using your new phone.

xshinx

Hi snyf

can i ask if you already ask for activation of the sim?

snysf

Hi,

of course i did and it's been 5days already, i've been following up everyday and nothing happens.

so base on the experience of mjcdelarosa22 it seems the new sim cards come with the device during delivery is really not working. what a shame. SMH.

xshinx

ahh ok. so maybe you experience problem on the sim card activation. better go to nearest Globe Store and ask for a new sim and make sure its the right sim for your phone and also you can req. for activation of it in globe store to check the result.

snysf

hi,

yes i think so, because based on the agents i talked to, they are getting system errors when trying to activate the new sim card, so maybe the sim card itself has the problem. i will probably go to the store this weekend for this.

it's just disappointing that instead of doing it over the phone, now i need to go to the store, fall in-line and hope that they could provide a new sim immediately + the activation.

xshinx

i guess if the problem is on the sim card no matter how they try to activate it on the hotline it will be useless. if you have time bro better go to GS on office hours if your free to avoid crowded store on weekends