11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2014 7:33 AM by fervish

Unlisurf for Iphone 6 recontracting

tuintuin18

I'm one of those people confused with pre-order process for iphone 6. I am currently on Mysuperplan 1799 with unlisurf. When I pre-ordered the iphone 6, I chose to continue with my current contract. Can someone clarify if I would be able to retain all perks of my current plan, including unlisurf?

• Re: Unlisurf for Iphone 6 recontracting
          melaydy

i was on the phone with a globe cust service agent yesterday while filling out my order - she confirms you cannot retain your current plan since they don't offer unli-surf plans anymore. if you choose to "retain your order", you'll only get rebates (i did not ask anything further on this option). hope this helps!

fervish

The guy from Twitter told me that the supersurf data 999 will me migrated to GoSurf. You might as well should clarify this as it is unclear. We choose "retain" as we want to retain same plan but Globe has a different definition of retain! After learning that from Twitter, i am considering to cancel my pre-order. I am still waiting for  feedback from them.

gevangelista

I myself am bummed about Globe discontinuing unlimited surfing.  They claim that there is a small percentage of subscribers who abuse it but why do the bigger percentage who don't abuse get punished for it.  I believe the system can track your usage and how you used the data.  Why not add to the system the ability to just block the ones who abuse the unlimited data.  I believe that for standard mobile surfing the FUP cap of 3gig will suffice. Maybe Globe can just add a booster for tethering to a computer.  I remember the days when I had to go to a GBC every month before paying my bills because of contested data charges and unlimited surfing fixed that.  AT any rate, I never got an FUP notification so I think I'm good with the 5gig Gosurf.I just have to be more cautious now with the way I surf.

coolrhyme

If they will change our plan withour permission i will seek some damages and file a case. Its our privilage to keep oir grandfathered plan. Been a csr for telco and cust can opt in to keep their old plan. Thats the benefit of being an old subscriber

gevangelista

I understand that but I don't think it will be without permission.  You will be given choices.  Sad part is there is no choice that bundles grandfathering with recontracting for an iPhone 6.  Some people I know will buy the iPhones off the rack and not from Globe to keep their grandfathered plans.  Also if I remember right, When I got my first text from 888 about supersurf, it stated in the text that it is a Promo and not a plan.  I'd have to look at my text history to verufy that though.  Maybe you could try calling the Loyalty hotline, I'm not sure about this but maybe there is a difference between loyalty and recontracting.  I have been a subscriber since the first nokia handyphone.

coolrhyme

I just called loyalty. Yes same spiel not offered. Still didnt allow them to change my plan. Base from his answers. Error daw nila ung retain option plan non lmabas ung pre order. I think dpat daw wla ung option na un.  Since error nila un not mine i will stand on what i chose on their pre order option. Its their fault not mine. I will escalate and esxalate this until i get what i deserved. Or call them everytime i exceed their 5gb data limit!!

iamgeenius

I am also confused with this re-contracting thing of Globe as I am told different stories by different agents, reps, even their website has conflicting messages about how they go about retaining existing postpaid customers under the Supersurf Plan.

I took screenshots of my registration procedure and uploaded a collage in my instagram account @iamgeenius

1. I registered and pre-ordered for iPhone6 last Nov 7, got a reference number, and online, my application status said "Pre-Approved for iphone6 silver 16GB"

2. On the next page, it asked me if I am applying for an additional line, renewing my contract, or if I wish to avail a device only without a contract. Being an existing postpaid customer, I clicked "I am renewing my contract".

3. The next page showed me my current plan: My Super Plan Unli Surf Combo 1799. The way it has been, I am enjoying unlisurf data, 800 pesos of consumable amount, plus a bunch of freebies, A-C-E.

4. The next page is about my Peso Value, and the cash out I need to pay upon pick up which is P10,800.

5. Then, it asked about pick up and delivery details -- pick up mall, time, and date. I did not continue on to this step because I won't be able to pay the cash out until the 25th.

I revisited this page yesterday, and I could not find the same info anymore, so i called 211, patiently waited for 49 minutes (with screenshot) and before an agent could talk to me, the call disconnected on their end.

Since I work for a call center and one of its domestic accounts  services Globe Postpaid and Broadband, and leases seats to Globe, I talked to a few agents face-to-face and talked about renewal of contract. I wouldn't have done this if I could go through their line smoothly. They told me I won't be able to get the same exact deal of the contract that I currently have, no more unlisurf, and my only option is to sign a new contract with a completely different deal.

My screenshots clearly specified RENEWAL instead of RE-CONTRACTING. Also, there should have been prior communication about Globe not offering unlidata anymore. All they did for the past months was to refer ALL postpaid customers to the website (on matters relating to retention) and they are not assisting existing customers over the phone, even those who walk in at Globe Business Centers.

If this was an error on their end, they have to be accountable for the info they have previously communicated. Since error nila yun, not mine, I will stand on what was communicated originally. To me, this is clearly fraudulent advertising, I will escalate and escalate this and if I can't get any fair resolution, I am seriously taking this to court.