28 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2014 7:31 AM by fervish

Recontracting Issues, Credit Limit, Cannot Process

lenarpascual

Hi! I requested for an increase in credit limit (which is now set on 2500) as I anticipate for recontracting my line with an iphone 6. I already paid the pre termination fee for my previous plan weeks before. I was about to avail plan 1799 for iphone 6 64gb which has a charge to bill cash out of 14400. So lalabas na 2,399 and monthly ko which is sufficient for the limit. I called early morning yesterday to recontract, so we go through the process, the agent gave me the order no. tpos icacallback nia ko for the case no. He even told me to wait for the recontracting form in my email. He assured me that it was done successfully. I did not receive the form by night so I decided to call the hotline again to have the recontracting form to be resent and to my surprise the agent told me that no process was made. So, for the second time, I am processing my recontracting again, we had the same process and I was told that there were no ways to process the request for recontracting on iphone 6. Hindi daw nagpupush through because of system error specifically with credit limit. Sabi nung agent ok naman daw ung credit limit pero ayaw daw tlga ng system magcontinue. Nabigyan niya nko ng order no. pero useless nga daw kase ndi magtuloy sa system. She told me that she will escalate the concern and she will call me back for the next 24-48 hours. Transaction # is 60734505. Confident naman ako sa agent as she handled the call well pero I cannot remove the doubt that this issue might be ignored because of my previous experiences with other agents. I was also advised to go to the globe store pero I doubt kase before they told me that they do not process recontracting. I am just making sure that this issue will be fixed the soonest time possible because I'm leaving by the end of the month. Frustrating po diba? It was hours of agony and weeks inconvenience. I know that the term loyalty is just a cliche for globe kase wala namang nakukuhang discount for the handset even if you are staying with them for a decade (existing customers paid the same as new subscribers), yung convenience na nga lang ng pag recontract ang benefit eh, might as well ma master naman sana and of course I just hope for real solutions.

• Re: Recontracting Issues, Credit Limit, Cannot Process
          iamling143

Hi lenarpascual. We actually share the same sentiments and frustrations in regards to how Globe provides customer service. Before I finally acquired my iPhone 6 on launch date, I had a long week saga of disappointment and dissatisfaction. To tell you a little bit of the story, it all started when I placed the order online last November 7 after lunch. Even before the pre-orders were catered online, I registered my interest with iPhone 6. You can imagine who I badly wanted the phone since I patiently waited for it (I actually didn't recontract to iPhone 5s when it was offered because I knew in hindsight that something better is yet to come). Also, I knew all along that there should be a "charge-to-bill" option for recontracting customers with good credit standing and sufficient credit limit. I had both checks however upon checking online to complete my pre-order for iPhone 6, there was no CTB option. I called CS and they told me it was a system glitch and tried it in a later time. The rep also advised me to clear cache and cookies or try another browser which I did with no avail. Two hours later, the option is still nowhere to be found. I called again and they told me to push the order through and they will just make a note so the store will allow me to setup charge-to-bill at the Globe store upon pick-up.

I went to the Globe store (not to mention it is far away from my place and the reason why I chose pick-up at store is all because my present address is unconfirmed) however on my despondence, they told me it wasn't possible and that I need to call 211 for help. I was like "OMG!" These people are not reading notes and can't even do an inch of consideration. I called again and asked to be escalated to a supervisor by the name of Mike. He was pleasant and I was advised he will personally email the store for special instructions. I was given a reference number but I bluntly said I no longer trust Globe so he assured me very well that I can pick up my phone at the store without any issue.

Come November 14, I went to the launching and was serviced accordingly. I got my new iPhone 6 and walked out of the store happy but it won't erase the nightmare I had experienced before I got my phone. All I ever want is they have to make sure they do what they're supposed to do. They should put on clear notes and the communication between shops and call centers should be solid so as to avoid debacles.

I just hope it won't happen again in the future should I decide to recontract again after I finish this one.

iamling143

lenarpascual How was it po? I suggest that you speak with a supervisor agad from loyalty.

msglanida

When you go to the Globe store for re-contracting, they will not process it.  They will force you to accept their new Globe Plan. Like in my case, I just wanted to recontract with my existing Supersurf Unli 1799 plan.  When I went to Globe to pick-up my phone, they wanted me to switch to their GoSurf plan.  There was no option to have unli surf.  With my work, I need unlimited mobile internet so I need to retain my original plan.  Had they indicated in the online order portal for Iphone 6 that even if I chose "Re-contracting" when I go to their store they would not really process to recontract but instead will switch me to a Gosurf without the unlisurf, I wouldn't have wasted my time going to their store.  I didn't accept that they will switch my plan so I cancelled my order.  Hassle.

iamling143

msglanida I'm sorry if you weren't able to complete your transaction because of it. Unlimited surfing was already removed from the Globe Plans and was replaced with GoSurf because of the Fair-Use-Policy. See Acceptable Terms on Fair Use |Postpaid | Globe Telecom.

msglanida

For the other line that I chose delivery and paid it in Cash and not thru Credit Card, they tagged my line as Unlisurf so they actually recontracted my original UnliSurf Plan.  For this other line that is still waiting for delivery which I paid thru credit card, they said it will also be recontracted with my original Unlisurf plan.  So it means they will only not switch you to a new when you do it at the store.  Because they will force you to sign an application to switch to a new line.  I did not accept the iphone so they will just continue with my original Unlisurf plan.  They said they will give a bill rebate of PHP800 instead.

I specifically clarified with the loyalty hotline if they will switch my line to the GoSurf for those phones that are for delivery and they said the original plan UnliSurf will be retained.  If not, I would have also cancelled it,

fervish

Can you please clarify this coz as per info from recontracting that i talked with, once you avail the iPhone 6 for recontracting, your data allocation of 999 (Supersurf 1799) will automatically be migrated to GoSurf capped at 5 gig. Have you read the recontracting form? Changes in plan is implemented by Globe any time it wants to? Since you signed the form i assumed? Then, there is the possibility that your data allocation will be migrated.

This migration has been in effect this November. Please make some clarification on this as this was also the statement of the store here in Baguio. That is why i refused my last order and will stay with bill rabates coz rebate is also offered only if you allow the migration to GoSurf.

Please para sa information ng lahat kasi iba iba ang info from those agents. Salamat.

neilph

fervish what was your previous plan? Unlisurf Combo 1799? If that is the case, you are I think required to migrate since that plan was already phased out and grandfathered by 2 versions of best-ever mysuperplan.

Under the Renewal Form>Terms & Condition>Section C, "the availment of a handset under Globe Rewards Re-contracting program entails enrollment...to  subscription to  MY SUPERPLAN...."
                              MY SUPERPLAN in this case would refer to the BEST-EVER MYSUPERPLAN which includes GoSurf data subscriptions.
                                msglanida

I specifically clarified with them regarding the issue whether I will be switched to a different plan as what was to be done when I will pick-up my phone at the store.  Initially they are saying also that I will be switched to GoSURF,  I told them that in the delivery receipts and the forms that I signed, it was indicated that it was under UnliSURF 1799 not any other plan.  And if they will switch me to another plan, I will cancel my order and just return the Iphone but it was already opened and it is not our fault because we were only informed of the switch to plan in the store when I was to pick-up another unit. They finally said that they already tagged the line that has been delivered to UnliSurf as what we have signed.  So my UnliSurf 1799 plan was retained. 

Then I asked them to retain the plan also for the other line for pick-up since it was also indicated UnliSurf Plan 1799.  They said that they escalated my case and I just need to go back at the store and say that my line is under loyalty and I just need to pick-up my phone.  When I returned to their store in Rob Galle,  I informed them the name of the person I talked to but still they did not want to retain my plan.  I decided to finally just cancel the order. 

I realised that what will actually happen is since they will let you sign to change to a different plan in the store before you can get the phone, then it was actually better for those who opted for delivery if you wanted to have the orignal unlisurf plan.  I called again their loyalty CSR (mind you it was really a hassle to get thru a call with them) and asked if I can just change the one that is for pick-up at the store to delivery so that my original Unlisurf plan will still be retained, but they said that the option to retain the UnliSurf was for orders made up to Nov.10.  According to them, for those who will order after Nov. 10, there will no longer be an option to retain the Unlisurf, they will be switched to GoSurf. 

lenarpascual

i have been trying to call them today. no one seemed to know what to do. ayaw pang ipakausap yung supervisor. hay

mgremigio

Hi

May i know why you don't like GoSurf instead?

It's way better than unlisurf which only has a 3gb/mo cap. GoSurf 999 is technically unlimited if you have 501PV extra(and not use it for combos).