11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2014 6:36 AM by yojstamaria

2MBPS Wimax problem

yojstamaria

Help! I have a 2MBPS wimax plan, which recently is just getting below 0.5 kbps at the fastest even at off peak hours. Globe came into our house and said our place cannot support the 2mbps capacity anymore, and wants me to switch to LTE plan to get the capacity, but they want me to shell out 3,400 pesos for the same bandwidth (2mpbs) that I am supposed to be getting. It is for installation fee, modem activation and phone activation fee. I said no, why should I pay more for something that I is the same as what I am paying for already? Now I don't have internet for 2 weeks now, as I requested for LTE then they suprised me with the fees, I had the switch cancelled. What should I do? I kept getting passed on to one support team to another like a ping pong ball. It was working before and I had no problems but now they are saying they can't support my bandwidth requirements anymore. I'm still locked in a contract and I feel they either want me to pay more for the same service or pay the termination fee which is incredibly high.

I am posting it here in the communities as I do not know where to put it, Live chat and calls to globe just gets me nowhere. What should I do? I am a loyal customer being locked in a perdicament here.

• Re: 2MBPS Wimax problem
          zyper95

I share your predicament, I had the same issue although it was long time ago (Globe Speak and Surf time). Basically, all you can do is visit the nearest Globe Business Center have them check your current location regarding the WiMAX coverage why suddenly your connection drop. It's not your fault if suddenly your connection got affected if the exceeded the WiMAX connection in your area. Aside from that the Php 3400 is quite expensive, if you will look at the table below it will only cost you Php 1,099.00*  (this is for Tattoo Home Broadband LTE 1099 - 2MBPS) and additional Php 1,000.00 for the installation fee so in total it is only Php 2,099.00. Better head out to the Globe Store to sort things out.

Capture.JPG

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              yojstamaria

If you apply for that, they will say that you need to pay 1,200 for modem activation and 1,200 for phone activation as additional to the 1,000 installation fee. And I also cannot apply for a new one, as I am still locked on my current account. I was actually willing to pay the 1,000 installation fee, then they surprised me with additional 2,400 when the day before the installation came. so I had it cancelled.

zyper95

You need to verify that with the Globe Store CSR regarding the activation fee, if there are any other fees to be collected it should be available on the website of Globe. It does not show that Broadband LTE has an activation fee, if there are it should have been posted on the website already so subscriber is aware of the charges. You can request them to waive the modem and phone activation fee (if there are). It is Globe responsibility to provide you an alternative solution that should not cost you an arm and leg. Besides, you have not violated your subscription they over exceeded the limit of WiMAX coverage in your area so you can terminate it if you want without paying the termination fee. Then migrate to LTE.

yojstamaria

Going to globe store is the only thing I have not tried. Chat is the most inconvenient, if they are getting hard to answer issues like mine, they just disconnect me saying I was not replying to the chat. I'll call globe again in the morning, and if this does not work, I'll head to the Globe store. Last resort I will try is filing a complaint with DTI so they can intervene with my case, but I hope I don't go there.

yojstamaria

Thanks zyper95, I will take those words to Globe when I come to their store.

zyper95

Just take note that onsite tech and installation tech are not directly from Globe, they are subcontractors who sometimes trick other subscribers to pay certain amount to proceed with installation which it should have been free or just a minimal amount. If there are certain fees that you need to pay, always deal with the Globe Store directly as much as possible.

spider1985

Hi yojstamaria,

please visit the nearest globe store to you and request for a migration from your old account to LTE Plan. then, when they install your LTE advice the install to assist you in securing your LTE from the hacker so you can enjoy your plan

yojstamaria

Hi spider1985,

Would migration cost me something if I go straight to Globe Store? I'm not willing to shell out something that should be technically same(2mbps). Saw on globe's site, they are no longer offering 2mbps wimax, but I am still on a 2mbps wimax plan that can't even go faster than .5 mbps on an off peak hour(tested 2AM - 5 AM). I can't go on weekdays as I have work, so I plan to go this Friday during my off day. I will update this thread when I talked to someone from the Globe store.

yojstamaria

Update ko lang po, going to Globe store did not solve my problem. They told me to go and call hotline. Sayang punta.

Then I called hotline and asked for a disconnection with a mad tone. They redirected me to a retention guy and he offered me to switch to 2mbps LTE, I dont have to pay for the installation and activation fees. Hope magtuloy tuloy na yung installation as I am without internet for 3 weeks already.

zyper95

Do you have a reference number of that call that you were inform about the free installation fee? If not, call again the hotline and get that reference number as your basis in case the installer ask you to pay again. Tama lang yung ginawa nung agent to waive the installation and activation since sa kanila yung mali.