16 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 2:00 PM by manelyn

What is up with this? 3GB per month limit.

ihateglobe

Hi! Your mobile internet usage this month has reached 2.5GB. You can continue to browse at normal speed, but please be guided by our Fair Use Policy at www.globe.com.ph/surf/fup. To track usage, dial *143# and choose MyAccount or text SUPERSURF CHECK to 8888, free. Switch to GoSurf 999 for 5GB of surfing PLUS FREE Spotify. To change your plan and add-ons, log in to MyAccount at accounts.globe.com.ph or go to www.globe.com.ph/talk2globenow.

I supposedly signed up for Unlimited Internet with Globe Tattoo Postpaid for 999 per month (using tattoo stick) a few years back. After that, they have introduced FUP which says that you have a limit of 1 GB per day before they throttle your speed. Now, they come up with this 1 GB per day or 3 GB per month. What am i supposed to do with 3 GB per month?

• Re: What is up with this? 3GB per month limit.
          ihateglobe

I am really frustrated.

But will I be charged 2PHP/mb if I go over 3 GB per month? This seems to be really unfair.

ChitoReyes

It seems that Globe little by little is trying to shift all to the newer plans (more expensive but not necessarily better) in the guise of implementing an "NTC" approved Fair Use Policy.

As I have mentioned in past threads, though the NTC approves such a policy (who wouldn't if the word "Fair Use" is used?)  it is NOT the NTC that defines such... it is Globe (or other telcos).

Consider:

Unlimited Surfing did not have any conditions when it started in 2006;

A couple of years ago, FUP was implemented and Globe advised that the upper 5% of the top users in a particular area may experience speed throttling IF THERE WAS CONGESTION in a PARTICULAR AREA. (If none then no throttling);

Then 2 years ago throttling would be imposed to those consuming 1GB/day (implemented) or 3GB/month (which was not yet implemented) regardless of the area. This was becoming unreasonable as Globe was now dictating what was fair.

Now if the 3GB/month is being implemented then I would think that this would create a backlash for Globe. Many would view Globe as a company just concerned with making profit despite the fact that they have already increased their NET INCOME in the first half of this year to more than 385% to Php 6.5 Billion!!!

And yet they encourage us to go wireless... paperless billing... using the internet for all transactions with Globe without providing the necessary satisfactory support! There must be something wrong here... It's as if we are being pushed against the wall and being forced to swallow the pill.

ihateglobe

1 GB per day was not great. But it is way better than 3 GB per month. What's confusing me is this:

Hi! Your mobile internet usage for the month is now over 3GB. With our Fair Use Policy, customers who exceed 3GB/month will experience slower browsing speed until the end of the month. For now, you can continue surfing at normal speed so you can understand your usage and data needs.

I got that via text. I don't even understand it. Slower or normal speed?

ChitoReyes

By the way... Some people are saying that the GoSurf subscriptions are not subject to FUP but in reality they are as redefined by Globe... for a monthly GoSurf subscription (up to GoSurf 999) subscribers pay Php 2/Mb up to a bill cap of Php 1,500 but no throttling.

Essentially, there may be no truth that network is suffering network congestion but all boils down to money. "Unlimited internet" which used to be Php 999.00 is now Php 1,500.00... and to make matters more ironic, they seem to be compelling more subscribers to get data plans and data centric services.

We understand that they could impose these things to new subscribers but isn't it unfair to change the parameters for those who have been loyal to them and being wise enough to get the old plans? Instead, we are being forced to accept the new plans in the guise that they are trying to control the network... Why must we suffer for their past actions or decisions?

longtimeuser

Same problem with the 3G MONTHLY MAXIMUM cap. I ask globe hotline that my plan is 4G tattoo LTE plan, what does it means slower normal speed, is it 3G or 2G, they said is 2G. But so far I don't feel too slow yet, maybe they didn't implement the 3G monthly cap yet, or maybe i never had 4G speed from the very beginning! but they did for 1G maximum daily cap it's really slow. Anyway, anybody has a solution, I am thinking to terminate my LTE plan if they can't really provide a monthly fast speed Internet at p1299 which amount I could apply a broad band with also fast enough speed. I don't want to have a fast speed in a few days or less then half a month while the rest of the month back to stone age. Globe should improve or we will leave even though I am with globe for more then 9 years.

ihateglobe

Now, I feel really ripped off. Their line only plan is only 849 with a 12 month lock-in period. And I have been paying 999 for years now.

http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/products/postpaid-gosurf-plans#details

Now, it gets more confusing. So with the 999 plan, if I go over 3 GB cap (but it says 5 GB on the tattoo website), I will be charged 2php/mb with a ceiling of (anti bill shock) Php 1500. So what is the difference if you sign up with those other plans? Heavy and Ultimate? It is more expensive but the cap is higher. Why pay that if you can pay 1500 max for the 999 plan?

ChitoReyes

The word congestion which was the very reason why Globe and the other telcos were implementing the FUP is now slowly being put aside.

I would not be surprised if this would be implemented very soon and the excuse now is that it is an "industry standard" AT&T throttles unlimited data plans at 5GB, no congestion required

manelyn

I'm really confused with this also

I can't understand the 1GB/day or 3GB/month data cap. We can consume the 3GB in less than a week for Pete's sake! So, the speed will be slower if we reach that limit? Although I'm a prepaid user, I think the same policy applies. I could have been contented with the 1gb/day, but 3gb/month is just too impossible

osmiumrx

I believe this is the case if you're still subscribed to the old unlisurf plans. The very reason why I'm exclusively using my old mobile plan for calls and sms. Recently, I got another plan with GoSurf999 inclusion and never received any sms from Globe advising me of my data usage. With Globe's anti bill shock, I already accepted the fact that I need to pay additional P501 to get a worry-free unlimited data with Globe.