15 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 11:02 AM by hcescala
      • Re: unlock lumia 1320
        zyper95

Globe does not unlock any devices except for iphones that are already out of the lock-in period.

iamling143

have you tried calling 211? you should be able to unlock it.

zyper95

That would depend of the agreement of Globe and the phone manufacturers, even if Globe will try to unlock your device but Nokia refused to provide the unlock code there is nothing we can do. As of the moment, only iPhones that are out of the lock-in period are possible for unlocking. Before Globe can process unlocking of iPhone and Samsung devices. However, for the Samsung it was currently put on hold as of this time and no word if it will still be offered. The only way you can have your device unlocked is bring it to phone technician that can do it for a fee. Let's just hope Globe will proactively offer unlocking of devices specially if it is already out of the lock-in period.

iamling143

Do you happen to know if there's a fee for unlocking an iphone which is out of contract?

zyper95

Nope, it is free just call the hotline and file a request for iPhone unlocking. You will just need to provide the IMEI of the iPhone and csr will verify if it is already out of contract. This request can only be requested by the account holder. The process will take 5 business days (sat and sun not included). Once the unlocking is done you will receive either a sms or call informing you that the device is already unlocked. Just make sure before ending the call to get a reference number so you can follow up just in case.

karu.h

Hi Zyper95, already called Microsoft and Nokia and they said its with the Service Provider who will provide the unlock code.

sweetkisses

Pls need help my I phone 4s is lock by globe I need to unlock to put new sim

sweetkisses

Reply me pla

zyper95

You can try to contact Globe Hotline and ask them if they can provide you the unlock code for your device (which I doubt they will give it to you) but there is no harm in trying. Did you also ask Microsoft or Nokia if they have some policy for network carrier lock device that owners can request the unlock code from the network? It would be best if you get a direct answer like an email coming from the manufacturer so Globe will be oblige to provide you the unlock code.

karu.h

already tried contacting globe hotline, they refer me to Nokia and Microsoft.

I already called Nokia & Microsoft, they advise me to contact my carrier since it is where i got my device.

ChitoReyes

The phone manufacturers are NOT authorized to give unlock codes as they have a standing agreement with the telco providers. Phone manufacturers don't benefit by having their phones locked to a particular network.

Clearly, the telco is responsible for having phones locked to their own network as they claim that they do so because they "subsidize" part of the cost (which is not anymore true).It is in their interest that phones are locked to their network so the user would have no other choice.

If the telco really wanted to they can provide the unlock codes... but they don't and they would claim that they have no obligation to do so.