10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 2:56 PM by markalvinr

Postpaid re-contract issue (Branch Pick-up)

markalvinr

I have an issue with re-contracting my postpaid line and this is for iPhone 6. After the re-contracting process with the CSR via 211, she gave me an 8-digit reference number and she told me that I can PICK UP the unit via Globe Store and not deliver to my address. Naka-ilang follow up na ako sa 211. Pinuntahan ko ang branch nung December 11 pero wala pa sa kanila ang unit. So my assumption also is the delivery problem from their warehouse hanggang sa Globe store. Naka-ilang follow up na rin ako about that. The truth is, it's really very frustrating to follow up about the unit kung pwede ko na bang i-pick up sa Globe store. So now, I'm planning to cancel my re-contract request kung di pa nag-send ng notification sa akin ang Globe store after 5 days.

• Re: Postpaid re-contract issue (Branch Pick-up)
          zyper95

Basically, you will receive an sms if the device is ready for pick at the store where you requested to be delivered. If you haven't receive anything this means that the unit is not yet delivered at the store.

fervish

Everyone is having issues with Globe. Either recontracting or new line application. One, of which is the most burdensome is the time frame assured by the agents. They give definite date for delivery which later on turns out to be none. The worst part is when you follow it up, they will give you contrasting infos. It's easy for them to say that their system had an error not minding the burden it will cause the subscriber.

Waiting for them to call you is like waiting for the snow during summer. If not for the numerous or incessant follow ups, they would not yield to requests!

That's basically self explanatory right?

zyper95

The timeframe providing by hotline agents are standard as to what Globe wants them to inform their subscribers. Even in other international companies who hires BPO centers are advised to give this kind of information. Now the remaining problem is the receiving end of the report which is already handled internally by Globe this is no longer a problem with the hotline agent (as long as they process your request or complaint properly). I worked before with the BPO industry and I can relate to the hotline agents handling irate customers who encounter delays with their request or orders. Globe is not different with other larger international companies who are facing delay dilemas.

We already know that a lot of subscriber wanted to get hold of the new iPhone. So we should already expect that we are not the only one waiting for the same device. As much as Globe wanted to provide each one who applied, this still remains with the supplier if they can handle the huge demand. Aside from that, shipping electronic devices overseas have to deal with a lot of paperworks for clearances and customs duties from the origin of the shipment and the destination. If one of this encounters some problems, expect a huge backlog in other words delay.

fervish

It's our nature to find fault in every action we do or point fingers who's at fault or find an excuse why we can't deliver the utmort service the customers expect us to. While it is true that BPOs are third party agency, they are bound by the contract they entered into between them and Globe. They represent Globe in every transaction they do. They were given set of standards by Globe and they base their actuations in those standards. The time frame given is the contract between the courier and Globe. This time frame is part of the standards BPOs were furnished thereof. Yes, they provide answers based on those infos they were fed of. Further, the agents were given limited infos. Thus, it turns out they give inconsistent services to customers. You cannot blame them.

But for the sake of arguement, the agents were aware of these inconsistencies and were not even acting on it? I believe they have their own superiors to amend these inconsistencies to better serve the customers? Wala na bang isip kahit isang agent na tumayo at sabihin na may mali sa standard na ginagawa nila? Oh baka dahil agent lang at wala magagawa?

You cannot always say that you're  just a third party agent and cannot make a change. Mababaw na dahilan yan. Make a difference. An agent receiving 5 or more irate customers in a day but doing nothing? Call the attention of your superior discuss the issues and bring the issues to Globe!

zyper95

To answer your question about:

"But for the sake of arguement, the agents were aware of these inconsistencies and were not even acting on it? I believe they have their own superiors to amend these inconsistencies to better serve the customers? Wala na bang isip kahit isang agent na tumayo at sabihin na may mali sa standard na ginagawa nila? Oh baka dahil agent lang at wala magagawa?"

My answer is wala, unless a directive coming from the client (Globe) itself. Providing an answer that would put the clients name in a bad situation is against it's business contract plus it is unethical give negative impression on a business that you are supporting. BPO can not make amendments on the business dealings of Globe, this is not part of their business transactions. What would you think lets say, I am the agent that you hired to support your company but I am providing a negative impression on the business. Do you think your company will attract more customers? Do you think the company will prosper? Or do you think I will have a job after ruining the companies reputation? Yes, Globe has shortcomings, pero sinong company ba ang wala? For sure, those BPO's are already discussing the type of concern they are unable to address properly and forwarded to Globe. Now its up to Globe to find how to properly address them, until then those hotline agents can't do anything.

fervish

That is another side of the pancake. What i mean is tatanga tanga ba ang isang agent na marami na siang narereceived na comments eh iisa ang sinasabi na sagot at hindi man lang ipaalam sa kanyang superior na may kulang sa sagot nya? That is not being negative up to the point na sisiraan mo ang nagpapasweldo sau. What i meant was sa dami ng reklamo sa ginagawa mo na routine everday eh wala ka man lang gagawin? The mere na ipaalam mo lang sa superior mo na may dapat baguhin sa systema na binigay sau eh sufficient enough to make a change. The agent knows what is lacking and yet he is not doing anything, of course you can do anything kaya nga may superior ka eh. Kaya para gumanda ang trato sau dapat ipaalam kay Globe na may mali sa systema nila at iparating ito sa kanila para baguhin nila at ng mabawasan man lang ang burden ng both agent at customer. The good thing is atleast you've done your part.

Lagung excuse ng agent is limited access and limited info ang alam nila. Limited discretion but kung makapag assure eh 100%! Gasgas na yan. Should you know better than those?

zyper95
                              We can not just dictate to Globe what they should do, there are people who handle those cases. Just like what I mention earlier unless Globe has reached an answer to this issues we can't nor the agents and their superiors can do anything. I know those agents wanted to solve as much as possible the problems at hand, until Globe gave them the appropriate answer to all that they have to stick to what they were told.
                        markalvinr

I haven't received any notification from the Globe Store since December 11 (which is supposed to be the promise date na binigay nila sa akin para i-pick up ang unit sa Globe Store). I called up (again) the Globe Contact Center yesterday, and an agent told me that the unit is already ready to dispatch/deliver by the DISPATCH TEAM from their warehouse. The problem is the courier who will deliver the unit to the Globe Store (which is in Market Market). They already escalated this problem to their support team.

markalvinr

I went again to Globe store @ Market Market kaninang lunch time, wala pa rin ang unit until now. So, my only option is to cancel my re-contract request. I'm totally pissed off with this kind of service Globe is offering to their subscribers. They give you a date wherein you can pick up the unit at your desired Globe Store branch, tapos pagdating mo, wala pa rin ang unit. It takes forever before you get that phone before you pay the termination fee. I'm really totally pissed off...