14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2015 6:57 PM by hangzhouver

GoSurf999 and Chat Bundle Conflict?

hangzhouver

Hi Globe team,

I have 5GB data plan and chat bundle for  299 per month for 30 days. If I consumed my 5GB on the 15th day of the month and I turn off cellular data on my phone so I don't consume extra data charges, how can I use the chat bundle?   

• Re: GoSurf999 and Chat Bundle Conflict?
          RNav

hangzhouver You will still need a data connection for your chat apps (Viber, WhatsApp, FB Messenger,KakaoTalk, Line, WeChat). The Chat Bundle gives you a separate data allocation (1GB) for those chat apps. Part of your GoSurf999 5GB data allocation will only be affected once your chat apps have fully consumed the 1GB.

hangzhouver

If I keep the cellular data on for the entire month, I doubt if Globe could identify which app I am using.  Hence, it will be inevitable that I'll be charged on top of 5GB.  It would have been wiser to advise turning off the cellular data per app (which I realized after I posted this question. :-s ). I also have Navigation bundle.  Not sure of the allocation for Navi apps.

In summary, I have 6GB (+Navi) worth of data, where 1GB is dedicated for chat bundle alone. I'll turn off all my app, except for Viber and Waze, as soon as I hit 5GB.  I'll check if the advise is accurate on my next billing cycle (Jan 15).  Will keep the community posted.

hangzhouver

Went to Globe customer service yesterday to report no network access to my Navigation app of choice, Waze. As per Globe, Navi allocation is 150mb. My cellular data is at 3.5GB out of 5GB.  Hence, I can still browse and use all other app.  Globe checked the app and usage and consequently, emailed their technical support team. 

As for now, the problem appears to be a conflict between GoSurf5GB and Navigation bundle. 

Note: I have been using this app for a few months now, and had no issues when my plan was Unli Data.  New plan was effective Dec 16, 2014. Problem encountered on Dec 25, 2014 (just 10 days!).

ChitoReyes

By creating those bundles Globe might have opened a can of worms specially with people who are subscribed with other Gosurf or bundle services.

Globe should expect confusion and more calls from irate subscribers to their hotline which would add more congestion and "escalation" to support groups... an area which presently needs a lot of improvement even without this predicted problem.

hangzhouver

As expected I did not receive the call back promise nor reply in my email from Globe store representative.  Globe, whether at store or on call, rarely calls back.

Problem still persist and I am supposed to waste my time waiting on hold in their hotline, or gas money to visit Globe store.  And it seems, no Globe rep is looking at this old posts either.  

Globe Telecom is hopeless.

Paulo D

Hi hangzhouver!

Good day!

I'm so sorry to know this. May I know if this has been resolved? I would like to assist you.

hangzhouver

Not resolved. I am waiting for my bill, cut-off is Jan 15. Need to see if Globe  will charge me more as I am now just using Viber and Waze.  I consumed  my 5GB last Dec 24 (in just 8 days).

In my settings > Cellular Data, only Waze and Viber are on now.

hangzhouver

Correction: I consumed my 5GB in Dec 29. I remember that I was working from home when I have seen the alarm. 

Waze seems to function normally after I reached 5GB.  Still, this is not a comforting fact. We do not know why it stop working, and it worked fine after I consumed my data limit. This brings me to doubt Globe's capabilty in supporting the lifestyle bundles.

fervish
                                Sorry but i doubt they can smoothly implement that new plan. More issues will arise adding up to those already accumulated issues before and after their system 'upgrade'. 

ChitoReyes

Oftentimes I wonder if Globe is actually doing this as a service to subscribers or just a ploy to use data/internet and internet based applications to lure unassuming users to be charged with other data hungry services... and they initially claimed that the network is "congested"!

fervish

I agree. And not to mention that 'nakasingil na sila ng bayad' so when issues  - i call em sh*ts, arise, kawawa ang subscriber kasi 'un ang nasa system nila'. Anyways, Good day all!

hangzhouver

This is out-of-topic, just want to mention..

I agree about 'nakasingil na sila ng bayad'.  Somehow, my postpaid plan appears as prepaid because I am being billed 1 month in advance.  For some reason, the Globe world do not understand what is wrong with that.  One CS Manager once said, "Yes, ADVANCE payment po ang POSTpaid sa Globe kahit may 1 month advance kayo".  ..parang "hilaw po ang hinog dito". Labo.

I think the 'system upgrade' is just an alibi.  I think it's a bit of everything in how they do their business.  

In the mean time, wala akong issue with my other line in another telco na real postpaid (example,if my cut-off is Nov 6 my due date is Dec 6, may advance payment din ako nito).  Mura pa.

Just sayin'.

hangzhouver

paulos As expected, I am charged for the viber chat and Navi.  Pagtungtung ko ng 5GB, turned off ko lahat ng Apps access to cellular data.  I kept Viber and Waze on kaya yung sobrang 2.4GB dapat sa viber and waze.  Ayan sobra-sobra ang bill ko.  Hindi pa tinanggal ang unlitext ko na ilang beses kong inulit-ulit nung nagre-contract ako

This means brasuhan na naman sa ever so helpful customer service hotline! hay buhay.

It's a frustrating life at Globe.