4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2014 12:47 PM by fervish

How to Know Spotify Remaining MB for GoSURF299?

catskin

See question on title. I'm subscribed to GoSURF299 (700 MB with additional 1GB for Spotify).

As I understand it, Spotify will attempt to consume first the 1GB allocated for it, then start using what remains of the 700MB for data once that's up. And when even that 700 is gone, data will be charged to my prepaid load balance.

I have been told to use GoSURF STATUS to 8888 or *143# but this method only reports the remaining GoSURF mobile data which excludes the additional Spotify data allocation.

I've also been to the My Accounts Dashboard and I am unable to find a way to learn how close I am to using up the Spotify 1GB for GoSURF299. As shown below, the usage meter amounts is also incorrect.. says "756 of 724MB used", with 968 MB left.

Capture.JPG

• Re: How to Know Spotify Remaining MB for GoSURF299?
          fervish

If i am not mistaken, you have 1000 MB  for Spotify and 700 MB for GoSurf having a total of 1700 MB.

Looking at your meter/tracker, you have consumed 756 of 724 which is your GoSurf 299. Note that there's an excess of 24 MB. Note also that you have 968 MB remaining which is your Spotify. 756-724 = 32 MB. 968 + 32 = 1000 MB.

To sum it up, you have total of 1724 MB. You already consumed 756 MB of your GoSurf 700/724 MB and now the Spotify is starting - 32 MB to be used also.

Hope i made it clear. :-)

iamling143

That meter is rather baffling.

catskin

fervish wrote:

If i am not mistaken, you have 1000 MB  for Spotify and 700 MB for GoSurf having a total of 1700 MB.

Looking at your meter/tracker, you have consumed 756 of 724 which is your GoSurf 299. Note that there's an excess of 24 MB. Note also that you have 968 MB remaining which is your Spotify. 756-724 = 32 MB. 968 + 32 = 1000 MB.

To sum it up, you have total of 1724 MB. You already consumed 756 MB of your GoSurf 700/724 MB and now the Spotify is starting - 32 MB to be used also.

Hope i made it clear. :-)

Thanks fervish. I think I may have figured it out. Please correct me here if I am wrong.

Your computation doesn't add up for my case though, as I've been used to checking my remaining GoSURF MB through GoSURF STATUS to 8888, and the last check yesterday puts it at 323,532KB remaining (316MB). That means Globe thinks I have 700-316=384MB used (apparently for data, and presumably excluding Spotify).

I can now make more sense of the My Account Meter, though, and doing some math really helped a lot. Remember how I said I was confused by the 756 of 724 MB used? I think I understand the problem now. That meter widget has a bug, it should be showing "756 of 1724 MB" used. It cut off the fourth digit! 1724 MB comes from 700 MB (from GoSURF299), plus 1024 MB (for Spotify). If we think that's what the bug is, then the other number, "968 MB remaining", comes to light as well: 1724 (total) minus 756 MB (which is my usage) gives 968.

So if the My Accounts meter say I used 756MB, and if GoSURF STATUS says I have 384MB used for data, then subtracting the two gives me my total Spotify consumption: 372MB out of 1024MB total.

-----------

* A small correction, page for GoSURF299 states a Spotify balance of 1024MB (1GB, not 1000MB).

** Please also see FAQ for Spotify and look for Globe's answer to this question: I love Spotify so much that I used up my Spotify MB allocation. What happens now when I stream music? It says Spotify use first needs to exceed the 1GB allocation set aside for it before touching my data balance (I'm really counting on this to be true). And in my case, I haven't been using Spotify nearly that much so far.

fervish
                I am glad to be informed as well. :-) Happy new year!