5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2015 10:38 PM by WILLfindways

Unli surf or limited surf?

jeromeden

Hi. Nakuha ko ung iphone5s ko nung Jan 28, 2014. Nakapag cash ou ako nang 19,000 + 7 mons. Advanced = to 26000,!

For the whole 6 mons. Ok naman ang net ko d pa limited  not until now biglang nalimitahan na ang net ko from unli surf to 3gb per month! Nagbabayad ako nang tama pero sana sumunuod din kau nang tama sa contract.

• Re: Unli surf or limited surf?
          ChitoReyes

Globe (as well as other telcos) came up with a "Fair Use Policy" which they say the NTC approved (approved the term) but only the telco (in this case Globe) can define and redefine anytime.

The latest definition (there have been at least 3 already from my count) states that a usage of 1 GB a day or 3 GB a month whichever comes first would be subject to throttling to 2g speeds.

It seems that Globe can invoke that anytime... Check your contract fine print as there are clauses like (lifted from globe's Terms and Conditions):

"GLOBE reserves the right to add, delete or modify any or all of the offerings under the Best-ever MY SUPER PLAN"

"We reserve the right to modify our Agreement as the Service may require"

"FURTHER, WE DO NOT REPRESENT NOR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT, AND ALL INFORMATION, INCLUDING PRICES AND AVAILABILITY, IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO YOU. "

It's GOD mode for Globe for agreements and contracts being signed by the subscriber.

jeromeden

D sana po bago palang kumuha nang plan. Sabihin na agad yang mga "FUP" d po ung nag xpect ang mga customer. E panu ung mga naka LTE? D sobrang bilis maubos ang 3gb/month nila. And please paki improve nyu naman po ang customer service rep.  Nyu. Ang babastos! Lalo na sa globe sm rosales!

WILLfindways

Hello, Fellow Wonderful Creatures!

As for the Customer Service Representative, file a wonderful complaint to the Globe Store Manager.

#WeDeserveFarBetter

We accept the things we think we deserve.

- The Perks of Being WILL

ChitoReyes

As I mentioned, you could be advised about the FUP definition but it could change anytime they wish... in fact, we really read the contract, Globe can change anything anytime without prior notice... as you notice, they don't even  "REPRESENT NOR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT"  ... so we actually signed something that would give Globe a one sided advantage over everything!

Of course we can complain and escalate this to the courts but boy would it be very expensive and cumbersome and I think they know that... I dealt with Globe legal before and I know how they think