11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2015 7:10 AM by WILLfindways

Credit limit decrease? Not possible?

jhervygravy

I have plan 599 with credit limit of 700.00
      Tried to lower it down by accessing my account with globe. Kaso it didn't accepted my desire credit limit which is just 600.
      I called globe customer hotline, however as per the representative na nakausap ko it is no longer possible to decrease it however it can only be increase daw?

• Re: Credit limit decrease? Not possible?
          ChitoReyes

Why would you want to lower your credit limit?

As per definition of Globe in their terms and conditions, the credit limit is the maximum recurring charges which you may subscribe to.

It is different from a Spending Limit which represents your cap which will enable you to manage your usage within a billing cycle.

In both cases, Globe MAY DO SOMETHING but IS NOT OBLIGATED to do so UNLESS THEY PREFER TO.

jhervygravy

Yeah, I think I misinterpret the meaning of their credit limit.
            Thanks for the clarification.

Ryan Jae Ongcuangco

You can request for Bill Control, If you are worried of overspending.

Bill Control is a service that allows you to control your monthly usage by barring outgoing services when you reach the assigned spending limit.

For additional Info visit Bill Control | Help and Support

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  jhervygravy

Would it be possible to a postpaid plan na "Sim Only"?
                  I tried to ask if Spending Limit is possible to be lowered ang sabi nung rep na nakausap ko is di sya possible for Sim only plan? Spending limit and Bill control is just the same??

Ryan Jae Ongcuangco

It is not specified on the link i provided that Sim Only Plan is excluded from this feature,

Bill Control and Spending Limit is just the same.

But to be accurate just use Bill Control instead.

jhervygravy

Yeah, I did check the link you've provided and it did said that "All Globe customer"
                          I think I have to check it again with them. Thanks for the help.

ChitoReyes

While BILL CONTROL and SPENDING LIMIT may look the same, the definition of Bill Control is more definitive and I suggest using BILL CONTROL rather than Spending Limit.

Globe's  "spending limit" is NOT DEFINITIVE as it MAY ONLY impose but not necessarily do so as defined in their terms and conditions. Furthermore, they may proactively change it (increase or decrease) ANYTIME they wish and not when the subscriber wants to:

ARTICLE 4 SPENDING LIMIT

4.1. You may opt to set a spending limit which represents your cap which will enable you to manage your usage within a billing cycle. If you exceed your spending limit, we may require payment even before the end of your billing cycle or we may notify you through any of your contact details/numbers. Notwithstanding non-receipt of any notification, you may request, at any time, details about your unbilled charges by calling our Customer Service Hotline (+6327301000); visiting any of our Globe Stores nearest you; or consulting your account manager. Failure on your part to inquire about your unbilled charges for whatever reason does not absolve you from liability in settling your outstanding balance in excess of your spending limit. Further, we may bar, suspend or temporarily disconnect the Service as soon as you exceed your spending limit, or when otherwise warranted by abnormal usage patterns or other circumstances, without need of prior notice and liability on our part. You agree to pay for all usage whether within or in excess of your spending limit in order to continuously avail of the Service.

4.2. We reserve the sole right to review the criteria for the increase/decrease of your spending limit and approve or disapprove any such request subject to existing terms and conditions. We may also proactively increase your spending limit and notify you of the increase. If you do not concur to your new spending limit, you have to inform us within the specified period indicated in the notification. Failure on your part to advise us within the specified period shall be deemed as acceptance of the new spending limit.

WILLfindways
                        Hello, Fellow Wonderful Creatures! 

Decrease of Credit Limit is Definitely Possible No Matter What * Some Text Missing * Creatures from the Hotline Say.

#WeDeserveFarBetter 

We accept the things we think we deserve. 
                        - The Perks of Being WILL