7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2015 11:30 PM by josecarlo505

Unable to use Spotify on mobile internet

josecarlo505

I am a Postpaid subscriber and am not subscribed to any data bundle or plan.  I notice though that when I connect to the internet, I am unable to use Spotify correctly.  It shows that it is connected but I'm unable to search and play songs.  There is no problem when I connect through wifi.  I also know that there should be no problem with the mobile internet connection as I am able to use Facebook.  Does Globe block Spotify on purpose for subscribers who are not on any data plan? No BS answer please.  Thank you.

• Re: Unable to use Spotify on mobile internet
          fervish

Try subscribing to any data promo and see if still you can't connect. Is your plan data enabled? Since you said you're not subscribed to any data plan then you will be charged the per 5/15 min. Your plan should have the anti-bill shock 99 mb. 

Try calling 211 and check your account for data usage.

Try checking your apn settings:

Prepaid: http.globe.com.ph

Postpaid: internet.globe.com.ph

Globe offers free fb so maybe that explains why you can browse it. 

josecarlo505

I am sure that my internet settings are correct and that data is enabled on my postpaid account because I am also able to browse websites. It really is just Spotify that doesn't work properly when I'm connected to Globe mobile internet. I am ok with the 5/15 minutes scheme as my internet usage is very minimal (and also because data plans are ridiculously expensive for such poor quality of service).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

zyper95

You mentioned that you are connected to a WiFi network and unable to browse using the Spotify app. it is probably an app issue, on my device I can browse and play songs in Spotify even I dont have a data subscription on this handset of mine and just using my wifi. If you are using an android, I suggest that you try to go to settings --> Apps ---> then look for the Spotify app and try to clear cache and clear data. Then restart you device, try to login again to the app and check if it will work just make sure that you are connected to the internet either wifi or data. Goodluck!

jerrifecatalan

HI josecarlo505 I think the poor connection why you cant connect or load / search / use your spotify.

have you tried to log out your spotify? the login-in back,.

have you tried restart your android phone?

lastly have you tried to log in your spotify with other device, if all of these yes might your unit has a problem though.

else you may try this three because i experience the same thing before. give us update on this pls.

josecarlo505

Poor connection is exactly what I think.  I think that if you're not subscribed to any of the expensive data plans (and opt to just pay Php5/15 minutes), you will not get a decent connection either it be for internet browsing, Spotify or even Facebook (pictures don't load even when using 3G or LTE connection).  My point of comparison? I also have a Smart Postpaid account with which I am also not subscribed to any of their data plans and although their service is also poor (slow, intermittent connection), at least when I am able to connect, Spotify works properly.