6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2015 10:05 AM by Paulo D

Static IP

kiranetix

Static IP, will this help get pass through the double NAT thingy Globe implemented? I understand why they implemented this. TBH i don't want to be a part of their private servers (10.x.x.x), I'm an online gamer and my ping has increased by more than 50%!!!

• Re: Static IP
          ishtangli

What are you trying to achieve?

Static IP won't really help reduce your ping, it just makes your computer accessible from the internet.

kiranetix

This is how i thought.

If I have my own public IP, there is no need for me to connect to their private servers. Just like before the implementation where Globe servers assign 1 public IP to 1 subscriber. In the current situation, most of us are under a private network. Thus, we using the same IP and those private networks are assigned 1 public IP of their own. This explains the increase the of latency.

Can anyone from Globe technical team clarify this?

ishtangli

That's not really how a public IP works. With your same setup, they can

assign you a public IP if you pay 700. They don't physically rewire your

connection to a different network. Your setup stays the same. The only real

difference between a public and private IP is you are accessible by other

computers.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 5:49 PM, kiranetix <

kiranetix

Well as long as I won't have to share 1 public IP with several people then I guess it'll be fine for me. The thing is, i'm having intermittent connection during peak hours. I suspect this is due to IP sharing, a lot of us are sending requests at the same time that it gets queued, and when server is loaded, connection is slower. If static IP will solve this problem then i'm willing to pay for it.

ishtangli

If you experienced it this past month, it's because of a not so publicized

undersea cable break. I'm on PLDT and I experience it too. My ping is up to

300ms from the usual 50ms on Titanfall.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:25 AM, kiranetix <

Paulo D

Hi kiranetix!

Let's ask guysoftech for assistance.