15 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2015 8:06 AM by manelyn

Re: Globe tattoo 1 month Supersurf subscription

manelyn

Hello! May question po ako regarding sa 1 month subscription. Diba po may limit na 800mb/day or 3gb/month, pano po yun if for example na-reach mo na yung 3 gb within 3days, 5 days, or ilang days lang, magiging slower na po ba yung speed?? Thank you po!

I'm a newbie here and I would welcome any help from you guys. Thank you in advance.

• Re: Globe tattoo 1 month Supersurf subscription
          RNav

manelyn If you are on postpaid, the daily data limit is 1GB while the monthly limit is 3GB. If you are on prepaid, the daily data limit is 800mb.

According to Fair Use Policy | Data | Help and Support

• I'm a Postpaid customer. I don't understand what you mean by "1 GB a day or 3 GB per month (whichever comes first)".
            • Your internet speed will slow down if you use up 1GB of data for the day, or accumulate 3GB of data usage for the month.
            • If you hit the 1GB/day threshold, you'll experience slower speed, but no worries because as we mentioned above, you can still surf! You'll move up to normal speed at midnight. If you hit the 3GB/month threshold, your speed will move up to normal speed on the next calendar month (not based on bill cycle).

According to Fair Usage Policy Promos FAQs - Help | Globe Tattoo

• How is Globe's Fair Use Policy applied to this promo?
            • SuperSurf was designed for emailing, browsing and base search activities, and not for sharing and/or downloading large format files like music, videos, and movies (users of peer-to-peer/torrent applications). If you use the service too much, you might experience slow browsing.
            • This promo has a peak volume capacity currently set at 800 MB per account per day. If you exceed this capacity within the day, your service will be temporarily unavailable until that day ends. But rest assured that it will resume the following day. Remember that you can choose to stop your subscription and forfeit the remaining browsing time of the promo and just browse on a pay-per-use basis at P5 for 15 minutes to browse continuously.
              manelyn

Thank you for the help sir. If we reach the monthly limit which is 3GB in let's say one week, your speed will be throttled for the rest of the month?

I'm a Prepaid user, and I always subscribe with SUPERSURF120. There is 800mb data limit for a day but it refreshes after midnight. So, with Postpaid, even if it refreshes after midnight but you reach the 3gb/month or 5gb/month, your speed will still be throttled sir?

Thank you for the assistance

RNav

Thank you for the help sir. If we reach the monthly limit which is 3GB in let's say one week, your speed will be throttled for the rest of the month?

• For Postpaid, yes the speed will be slowed down for the rest of the month.
                  • "If you hit the 3GB/month threshold, your speed will move up to normal speed on the next calendar month (not based on bill cycle)."
                  • Subscribers who want to have normal speed can avail of a Speed Refresh via the *143# menu under Surfing promos.

I'm a Prepaid user, and I always subscribe with SUPERSURF120. There is 800mb data limit for a day but it refreshes after midnight. So, with Postpaid, even if it refreshes after midnight but you reach the 3gb/month or 5gb/month, your speed will still be throttled sir?

• Daily speed refresh is automatic for Prepaid.
                  • For Postpaid SuperSurf, speed will be throttled upon reaching the 1GB daily or 3GB monthly data cap whichever comes first.
                      manelyn

Does the same policy apply for GOSURF999 postpaid sir? I thought you can still continue browsing with normal speeds with the anti-Bill shock which is 1,500.

"Daily speed refresh is automatic for Prepaid." Is this true to all supersurf plans like 999 sir? So what's with the 3gb/month data allocation then if it refreshes daily? Seems all is getting confusing by the minute

Thank you for the response anyway.

RNav

manelyn Under GoSurf, the speed will not slow down. Subscriber will be billed continuously (Php2 per 1MB) until the P1,500 or P2,000 anti-bill shock cap is reached.

The 3GB data allocation is for Postpaid SuperSurf users.

manelyn

Ok then sir, but they have the 5gb/month for GOSURF999 for example. I am aware of the anti-Bill Shock, however, I read in one article that after reaching the 5gb data allocation, you can still continue browsing but you will be transferred to a slower speed.

Please read this link: Globe bares GoSurf at 5GB Mobile Internet + LTE - YugaTech | Philippines, Tech News & Reviews

I will quote one phrase in there: "Hence, the previous Unli-Data which has been redefined by their FUP as 3GB of LTE then unlimited access to the 2G network is now a standard. Subscribers will be offered a GoSurf plans which is basically 5GB of LTE plus unlimited access to the EDGE network after the allocation is consumed. It’s still basically unlimited access to their data network, only that you’ll be transferred to the slower network once you’ve consumed 5GB of data."

Please correct me if I'm mistaken with my understanding of this

RNav

manelyn According to GoSURF | HELP AND SUPPORT:

• Will I experience slower speeds if I exceed my GoSURF MB allocation for the month?
                                    • No, you will not experience slower speeds if you exceed your GoSURF plan's MB allocation.

Someone also reported here https://community.globe.com.ph/message/83833#83833 in 2014 that he had downloaded/uploaded about 50GB worth of data and his speed was not slowed down. For now, speed may not slow down but Globe could possibly implement data capping in the future once the company has investigated the usage patterns of GoSurf subscribers.

manelyn

Well, that's kind of reassuring for now RNav We don't know in the future however. But then, that's life I guess, nothing is for certain. I think I'll just go for this Postpaid GOSURF999.

One last question sir: After reaching the 5gb data allocation which costs 999, will I immediately be billed with 1,500? Or would that still depend on how much data I have consumed? Like for example I just reached 10gb, 12gb, and so forth.

RNav

manelyn

For GoSurf 999 (5GB for MLP subscribers):

Data usage within 0GB to 5GB will cost P999

in excess of 5GB, the rate will be P2 per MB.

Roughly 5.2505GB of data usage will cost P1,500. (P999 for the 5GB + P501 for the 250.5mb excess).

if you keep using the internet for a total of 10GB or 12GB for example, Globe should bill you only P1,500 based on the Anti-bill shock guarantee.

For GoSURF Plans 99 to 999, the bill cap is P1,500. If you exceed your allocated MB's you will be charged P2 per MB but you will not be charged more than P1,500. Once you hit P1,500 usage will continue as usual, but charging will stop.

For GoSURF Plans 1799 and 2499, it's P3,000. If you exceed your allocated MB's you will be charged P2 per MB but you will not be charged more than P 3,000. Once you hit P3,000 usage will continue as usual, but charging will stop.

manelyn

Now, I got the long answer RNav I have developed yet another question in my mind, forgive me for asking too many My question is: What is the difference between all this GOSURF variants? I mean have you any idea why there's GOSURF 1799 or 2499, when you can opt for the 999 plan and still have unlimited surfing with an Anti-Bill Shock price of 1500? You think there's any difference with them, like the reliability of internet connection?

Thank you! That would be my last question for you, and then I'll decide whether or not to go for it

RNav

manelyn I have a reply for you but it's currently moderated. Short answer is "No, you will not experience slower speeds if you exceed your GoSURF plan's MB allocation." according to www.globe.com.ph/help/data-and-network/gosurf-and-spotify/gosurf

For now, speed may not slow down but Globe could possibly implement the cap in the future once the company has investigated the usage patterns of GoSurf subscribers.

manelyn

With the speed refresh for postpaid users, do you have to pay extra? That speed refresh would only be valid for a day? Because I presume the data would be refreshed the next day.