The process of reversal of charges in credit card auto debit arrangements really takes long in the Philippines because of the systems put in place to which have to be manually coordinated by at least 2 agencies, Globe and your Credit Card Company.
This is the very reason why I DO NOT RECOMMEND HAVING AN AUTO DEBIT arrangement for a company (like our telcos) which would often have issues with billing.
Understand that in Globe itself, it would take at least a billing cycle AFTER the approval (request for reversal is not automatically approved as it needs higher authority to act on it). Assuming it is approved, Globe would now request its reversal to the Credit Card Company which if received, will take another billing cycle to have it posted. A delay in any of the process (which unfortunately is very common in the Philippines) would take another billing cycle from either company to have it reflected.
You would have to coordinate with 2 agencies here and constantly make a follow up. Make sure that your request for reversal had been approved by Globe (ask for the reference number to be sure) THEN ask your credit card company if such a request for reversal is already pending in your account.
Nag punta ka na ba sa nearest Globe Business Center?
kung hindi pa, pumunta ka na at magrequest ng refund.
All, thank you for your reply. Actually, i already did all you have said. I called the globe hotline several times last January but the agents feedback was it was denied. I then found a support email address so I wrote them specifying in details my concern. They said globe will take a look at my report. then here is the sequience of their actions
1. promised globe will take a look at my concern
2. investigation made and confirm they have indeed charged me twice for 8K ++ in November and December 2014
3. Globe advised that they have adjusted my globe account and resulted to an overpayment of 7K. I did not agree because Globe should refund to me in full by cash. i have a post paid account with Glbobe with the amounf of P399 and they want to adjust the double charging to my 399 monthly billing. In this case, it will take more than a year before globe will be able to pay me. It's 21 months. I did not agree
4. Globe contacted me and let me fill up a refund form which I immediately did.It took weeks again.
5. Globe called me advising that they will creadit the refund to my citibank account. I advised them that it is not possible to do this because the auto debit/credit agreement with Cititbank was terminated in February due to this incident and I dont want globe to make any transaction of this kind again into my citibank account. Globe agent then agreed to deposit it into my personal account and requested me to send them my bank account.
6. I immediately sent globe my bank account and they acknowledge they receive it. Processing will follow.
7.Comes April i followed up, they said it is still being processed. I got so frustrated I look for another way and here I got the globe community. this might help if anyone can assist to refer me to the right team other than their support team.
It's nearing May, my 8K+++ is not refunded yet. I am planning to report this ti media.