3 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2015 4:25 PM by jkoteves

Unlocking phones which came with an expired plan

jkoteves

Can someone with technical expertise on mobile phones teach me on how to access the Service Mode Main Menu to unlock my S4? The S4 came with a plan which already expired last May 7, 2015. I asked the Globe Store on how to unlock the phone, they told me to call Globe Hotline. I called the hotline, they told me at the moment they could not unlock the phone unless it's an iphone. (How could they not when they locked the phone in the first place?) Searched the web on how tol unlike S4, there is one option which seems to work. However, I cannot access the Service Mode Main Menu. Hence, I am writing and posting this question. Hope someone can help me and others who have the same problem. Thanks

• Re: Unlocking phones which came with an expired plan
          Arnel S. Bansil

Howdy jkoteves!

I completely understand your dilemma. However, the advise from our hotline was correct in saying that, at the moment, Globe only caters to unlocking of iPhones with expired contracts. Devices from other manufacturers will remain locked beyond its contract period until further notice.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              WILLfindways
              I bought my unlock code for my BlackBerry Bold 9900 last week online. It works naman. Medyo na-sad lang ako ng konti when the not so wonderful advice I got from Globe Business Hotline was to try to visit a local technician. Buti na lang wonderful mood ako.

#WeDeserveFarBetter
                  jkoteves

Thanks for your feedback. May I ask how much did you pay for the unlocking code. And from where did you buy it?

To: John Karlo Teves <[email protected]>

Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:40 AM

Subject: Re:  - Unlocking phones which came with an expired plan

#yiv6852619985 * #yiv6852619985 a #yiv6852619985 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv6852619985 #yiv6852619985 h1, #yiv6852619985 h2, #yiv6852619985 h3, #yiv6852619985 h4, #yiv6852619985 h5, #yiv6852619985 h6, #yiv6852619985 p, #yiv6852619985 hr {}#yiv6852619985 .yiv6852619985button td {}

Visit http://community.globe.com.ph now.

|

Unlocking phones which came with an expired plan

reply from WILL Benedict in Device Troubleshooting and Discussion - View the full discussionI bought my unlock code for my BlackBerry Bold 9900 last week online. It works naman. Medyo na-sad lang ako ng konti when the not so wonderful advice I got from Globe Business Hotline was to try to visit a local technician. Buti na lang wonderful mood ako.

#WeDeserveFarBetter

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Globe Community

Start a new discussion in Device Troubleshooting and Discussion by email or at Globe Community

Following Unlocking phones which came with an expired plan in these streams: Inbox

|