3 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2015 11:04 AM by Arnel S. Bansil

HELP! My BIR Form 1701 was classified as a 'non-priority' document, why is that?

smua2014

I received the following email a few days ago:

Good afternoon Ma'am,

BIR form 1701 is under non-priority document, it means no matter how much your income is, it will fall under our default GMI (Gross Monthly income) worth P 10 000. If you have business permit that has your monthly income, you can send it to me. But if you will push through using this proof of income, we will have to follow our rules Ma'am.

Can anyone explain to me why on earth are my annual income tax returns classfied as a non-priority document?

• Re: HELP! My BIR Form 1701 was classified as a 'non-priority' document, why is that?
          Jeian

Hello,

Are you applying for a postpaid line? It can be due to your BIR Form 1701 is not sufficient for your plan selected. In behalf of the agent, it is better to give a higher financial capacity proof.

For more info, please call Globe at 02-730-1000

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: HELP! My BIR Form 1701 was classified as a 'non-priority' document, why is that?
              smua2014

Jeian Hi there! Prior to this email, I sent the following:

Hi there!

I think my annual gross income from business or profession (item number 54) for the year 2014 is at 310,402 which would give me around 25,866.83 gross monthly salary, setting deductions aside. I opted for BIR's Optional Deduction which would take away 40% of my gross salary in computing for my taxable income so as for me to not anymore be required to submit anymore additional documents. I don't know how you got 10,000 as my monthly income. Kindly check. Thank you.

To which the agent replied with:

Good afternoon Ma'am,

BIR form 1701 is under non-priority document, it means no matter how much your income is, it will fall under our default GMI (Gross Monthly income) worth P 10 000. If you have business permit that has your monthly income, you can send it to me. But if you will push through using this proof of income, we will have to follow our rules Ma'am.