0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 3:37 PM by TJ of GCash

The KYC Experience

TJ of GCash

I've been seeing lots of experiences regarding undergoing GCash's "Know-Your-Customer" process. We here at GCash hope all customers have a smooth experience with this, so I made a quick "Frequently Asked Questions" or FAQs for this.

1) I received an SMS saying that I've exceeded spending P5,000 and that I won't be able to use GCash American Express Virtual Pay! What happened?!

First thing you need to do is relax. If you receive this message, chances are you've exceeded our P5,000 ceiling for customers who haven't undergone the KYC process yet. This is an anti-fraud feature placed by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. To fix this, just head to the nearest Globe Store, bring a valid ID, and have yourself KYC'ed.

2) I went to a Globe Store but they said I'm already KYC'ed. Thing is, I've yet to apply for KYC.

If our Globe partners mention that you're already KYC'ed even if you've yet to participate in the process, kindly inquire and insist to them to double-check your KYC profile and that they might have missed linking your account. 10 out of 10 times your KYC status will be fine after this and you'll happily be able to resume purchasing using GCash American Express Virtual Pay again.

3) The Globe Store I went to won't accept the valid ID I presented. What should I do?

Here's a list of the valid IDs accepted at Globe Stores for the KYC process:

• Passport
      • Driver's License
      • SSS Card
      • GSIS E-Card
      • NBI Clearance
      • PRC ID
      • Police Clearance
      • Postal ID
      • Voter's ID
      • Barangay Certification
      • Senior Citizen Card
      • Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
      • OFW ID
      • Seaman's Book
      • Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
      • Government Office and GOCC ID, e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP ID), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF ID)
      • Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
      • Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
      • Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
      • Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered or supervised or regulated by either BSP, SEC or IC

If a Globe Store won't accept the valid ID you've presented (which they should), tag me in a thread and I'll offer you a resolution as fast as I can.

If you have further inquiries that I've failed to answer in the above, just leave a message and I'll try to answer the best I can.