Are you a POSTPAID or PREPAID USER?
If you're a POSTPAID USER, you need to check if your roaming is activated. Roaming is pre-activated* for Postpaid subscribers except Plan 599 and below. If your roaming is not active, you can request activation thru the following:
1. *143# toll-free when using Globe mobile phone while in the Philippines and when abroad.
2. +6327301212 toll-free hotline when using Globe Postpaid while in the Philippines and when abroad.
* If your roaming is active but upon arrival in the roaming country your phone has no signal , kindly turn on the phone (turn off and on if you sets the unit to flight mode) and perform manual network selection.
If you're a PREPAID USER, globe highly suggest that you activate your roaming service at least 24 hours before your flight’s departure time.
Activation of Groam:
Via SMS - Text GROAM ON and send to 2884.
To activate your roaming service for a specific period - Text GROAM ON to 2884 (i.e. GROAM ON 06/18/2013 27).
Via Twitter - Tweet to @talk2GLOBE to request GROAM activation.
Via Hotline: Call +6327301212. Charges will apply if the call is made while roaming
• At least PhP 100 minimum balance to activate GROAM.
• At least PhP 50 maintaining balance to continue using your GROAM services after activation.
Kindly turn on the phone (turn off and on if you sets the unit to flight mode) and perform manual network selection also if roaming is already active but your phone has no signal.
It didn't answer my question, but thanks anyway. Before leaving PH I asked for roaming as indicated by the Globe some hours before, but when I arrived to destination nothing happened until now. And this is the second time it happened to me, I don't know if this this thing happens also in Smart or Sun or I don't know what, it's really frustrating. Is it because we are leaving in a third world country therefore services should also be third world?
Does that matter? I'm using prepaid anyway.