4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2015 11:27 AM by Arnel S. Bansil

Bill Shock

boytulog67

Good day, This might took long but this is something the community should be aware of

if you're tired of reading you can directly proceed to the last part

I've been a globe prepaid subscriber for years. Last September(around 20+ I think) 2014 I want to try the LTE network so badly which is exclusive for postpaid subscribers.I really want that sim plan 999 all day LTE for 30 days thing. I applied at the globe website and provide everything but the agent told me I'm not qualified for that plan BUT, she also told me that I can still apply for other plans and still enjoy all day internet for 999 pesos. How? Anti-bill shock.they say I can apply for plan 299 or 599 and then use internet as much as I want but the maximum bill I should pay per month for the excess internet usage is only 999. Sounds good! Here's what happened next. On October 5, I received  a text saying they are halting my service since I already reached the LIMIT, I was so confused. I called customer service again and they told me that plan 299 has an excess limit of 700, so after the consumable I should pay 700 before continuing the service I was like, wait the agent told me I can enjoy internet for whole month for 999, I was uninformed about the LIMIT, I told them how will I even reach the 999 anti bill shock if my service gets halted at 700? I asked them if there's a way to extend my limit but there's no way since I lack A.) proof of income B.) credit card (though I have a wallet card but they don't accept that). Since the service would be of little use to me, I decided to terminate my subscription since the Agent told me that sim only plan can terminate everytime, They redirected me to the termination department or whatever, then a dude asked me a confirmation to terminate my line I said YES, then idk what happened, the call dropped, signal or whatsoever, the thing is the call ended unexpectedly but I already told them to terminate, they asked me for confirmation, I answered yes even before the call ended. After that I threw away the sim.

Earlier this afternoon, I received a call from "globe agent" telling me, sir you're aware that you're still subscribed for postpaid service? I thought it was just another promotion or something. so I said, yeah? then he followed up, you're aware that you still have an outstanding balance. I was like , what? then he told me (the fun part starts here) , SIR, YOUR NAME IS INCLUDED IN THE LIST WHICH WE ARE ABOUT TO SUBMIT TO THE BLACKLIST OF TELECOMMUNICATION COMMISSION, YOU SHOULD SETTLE YOUR ACCOUNT WITHIN THIS DAY TO PREVENT THAT FROM HAPPENING, I was like, I already terminated my line, but then he continued, do you know how much amount do you need to pay? 3000+ pluse I was like, WHAT? (insert typical bill shocked face here) how come? and he was like, sir weren't you informed that you your line got cut because you have an overdue of 700? I said yes and I also asked them to terminate my line on the same day. He kept asking me in a rude manner, DID YOU PAY the 700? I answered no because I was promised I'll enjoy whole month internet for 999 not 2 weeks internet for 700. He answered, if you can't pay 700, how much more 999? omg (biggest facepalm), I stayed calm and civilized despite all. I explained him and he told me the anti bill shock is 1500, I was like, what? xD it was 999 last year, and then he kept repeating to me YOU DIDN'T PAY THE 700, YOU DIDN'T PAY 700, (yes, the term is harassing) , and he kept telling me, the bottomline is, there's something you didn't pay and we'll put your name in the blacklist because of it if we can't receive payment within this day. Finaly, we came to an agreement that I'll go to the globe store and leave whatever amount that I'll acknowledge. I went to the globe store, told the agent about everything. He told me that the termination process wasn't done at all and I still kept getting billed for months until they permanently cut it last month (May 2015) and he told me I should pay 2800, I was like, why 2800? the dude told me it's 3000+ ? he said well, they made some changes. and I explained this and that, and he told me, I can only give you 1000 pesos discount making it around 1800, and I was like, omg, and then finally he decided not to include the months starting from Jan 2015 at all, so just need to pay september to december 734+299+299+299 = 1631 . That was lame, it was like, they're the ones deciding what to pay and what's not for the service that you didn't even use. Anyways. I paid 1631 + 299 (the cost of sim) for 2 weeks of postpaid service. After I paid the amount, I went home and typed this message. Thank you so much for your time reading this.

The agent gave me deceptive promotion. They ignored my termination request. They charge me those months without service. They cut off my service late. They called me 9 months later to harass and charge me those months and threatened me to put my name on the blacklist of telecommunication commission if I can't settle my account WITHIN THIS DAY.

• Re: Bill Shock
          matthevanz14@yahoo.com

Hello to all..I also want to terminate my Globe plan late 999?please tell me what to do..hope your reply..

ChitoReyes

As with anything with Globe.... Always, always get a CONFIRMATION that your request had been received. Otherwise, it would always be your word against theirs. Even with a reference number, Globe would sometimes even not act on it but at least you have proof that it had been reported. I would even go the extent of writing Globe a formal letter and have them duly receive it so there would be official evidence in case of dispute... a tedious way but nevertheless very effective.

For termination of plan, call 02.7301300 (landline) or 211 (mobile) and press the option to terminate your plan. Sometimes Globe would offer something to you if you are a "valued" customer... something that is not usually offered just to keep you with them.

matthevanz14@yahoo.com

Thank you for replying my message for getting termination..its no problem for me about globe..I just want to terminate in proper due to can't pay now my monthly obligation,,I have no work and just applying work..so maybe I should registering again for your plan nexttime..thank you

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Date:Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 7:11 am

Subject:Re:  - Bill Shock

Visit http://community.globe.com.ph now.

Bill Shock

reply from ChitoReyes in Billing and Payments - View the full discussion

As with anything with Globe.... Always, always get a CONFIRMATION that your request had been received. Otherwise, it would always be your word against theirs. Even with a reference number, Globe would sometimes even not act on it but at least you have proof that it had been reported. I would even go the extent of writing Globe a formal letter and have them duly receive it so there would be official evidence in case of dispute... a tedious way but nevertheless very effective.

For termination of plan, call 02.7301300 (landline) or 211 (mobile) and press the option to terminate your plan. Sometimes Globe would offer something to you if you are a "valued" customer... something that is not usually offered just to keep you with them.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Globe Community      Start a new discussion in Billing and Payments by email or at Globe Community            Following Bill Shock in these streams: Inbox

Arnel S. Bansil

Howdy boytulog67!

I assure you that we will get to the bottom of this matter. Sent you a PM to discuss your account details in private.

Thanks.