15 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 11:19 PM by killping

High ping of internet in online game

slarpe

Please help me regarding sa ping when playing online game like Heroes of Newerth.

I always encounter high ping almost 300, I am the only person in the game that has a high ping like that so I can say that there is no problem in the game server. I checked my ping in speedtest and it has only 50 ping.

Can you suggest/help why this high ping occurs? I am the only one connected to my internet, tried to disabled wifi to check if my sibling are downloading some stuff, but ping 300 doesn't go down.

• Re: High ping of internet in online game
          Jeian
          If your'e wimax. Please check your signal and if it fail contact your ISP. If it is DSL Contact your ISP Now
            hcescala
            Can someone educate me regarding ping? Thanks
                Demerok
                Low ping e.g. below 30 is great for gaming. seemless gaming without lag.

High ping e.g. 100 above isnt good on the otherhand.
                    Jeian

This measurement tells how long it takes a "packet" of data to travel from your computer to a server on the Internet and back. Whenever you experience delayed responses in Internet applications - this would be due to a higher than desired ping. Similar to packet loss, lower is better when it comes to ping. A result below 100 ms should be expected from any decent broadband connection.

• A

An excellent result! Expect all Internet applications to work very well assuming you have sufficient bandwidth. Use Speedtest.net® to see.

MOS greater than 4.37 (Example - a ping below 50 ms with 0% packet loss)

• B

Very good! Your connection should work well for any Internet application. Some online games may not perform optimally.

MOS between 4.28 and 4.37 (Example - a ping around 90 ms with 0% packet loss)

• C

Acceptable. Your VoIP quality will suffer some, and you will have a disadvantage in many online games. Most streaming media will be fine. You should try testing again to another server close to you.

MOS between 4.00 and 4.27 (Example - a ping around 150 ms with 1% packet loss)

• D

Concerning. Most online applications will not perform well but should function in some capacity. Try testing to other servers to verify the result. You might need to contact your ISP for help.

MOS between 2.50 and 3.99 (Example - a ping around 300 ms with 3% packet loss)

• F

Very poor. Real-time Internet application performance will suffer greatly on such a connection. Test to other servers to confirm the result, but definitely talk to your ISP about troubleshooting the internet.

For testing you may test via cmd or via pingtest.net

RoveenCarlo
                    This is use to measure your computer response time to the server. The lower the "ping", the faster your computer to respond the better.
                    KanKanU

Sir, have you tried tweaking your Network Connections to reduce PING Spikes on popular Online Games? Sometimes misconfiguration of the Internet Connections and other internet services from your PC could give a higher PING Spikes. Normally these circumstances can be Optimized right through your TCP Configuration and in order to do that Optimizations there are programs that are availbale to use on tweaking your TCP Configuration like TCP Optimizer to throttle your gaming experience. 

markjoseph

some of the online games always keep on lagging i dont enjoy them anymore. we change to globe because i thought its fast in the intercafe. high ping and network problem always my problem after 1 month. please fix the connection.

markjoseph
                        well keep it up!! is that for all plan? cuz were using globe home dsl 3 mbs
                          markjoseph

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2922503943 look at these our plan for 3mbps go down to 77 kbps

markjoseph
                            well sir i have a friend in a game were playing the name is pointblank he said that he already report some of the high latency in globe then the they said that the they will report it to the enginer pfthe tower to check up, eh wala naman pala cra daw then they report it to the enginer of the tower to double check but there is no problem my friend said na nasayang lang daw effort nya at napagod lang sya...
                              markjoseph
                              sorry about the grammar lol
                                markjoseph
                                well sir i have a friend in a game the name of the game is pointblank he said that he already report about the high latency in globe then they said that they will report it to the enginer of tower to check, eh wala naman pala cra daw then they report again to the enginer of the tower to double check(sya na yung pumunta sa location nung tower) but there is no problem sabi nang enginee sabi nang friend ko na nasayang lang daw effort nya at napagod lang sya... post ko po yung ni reply nya sa forum nang pointblank.(bukas) he said about pldt and the upgrade nila..

ps.inayos lang po ang gulo nung una cp lang po gamit...
                                  bhama

Reasons for getting high ping value.

1.High ping is when there is high traffic in your system.

2.This can be either caused by loading such large files that the system cannot handle them, or by running several programs at the same time.

3.High ping is not just due to the bad internet connection. video lag, sound lag, virus, spyware, worms, or so on, could cause the high ping. not enough Ram could cause the problem too.

If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.

1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.

2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager

3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.

4.Use any software like Game Booster

5.Move closer to server

I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com

killping

Are you connected wirelessly? KillPing reduces ping times by as much as 60% in online games