2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2015 4:25 AM by ChitoReyes

How do you connect to a HSPA+ network?

antony

I own an LG Leon H324t which is a HSPA+ capable phone.

Can you explain what is HSPA+?

Is it possible to connect HSPA+?

If so, is there any special sim card inorder to connect to Globe's HSPA+ networks?

Is HSPA+ Different from LTE? If no, can i use an LTE sim card?

• Re: How do you connect to a HSPA+ network?
          Arnel S. Bansil

Howdy antony!

Yes, your mobile phone should be able to connect to our HSPA network provided it is indeed capable of doing so. Simply go to our nearest store and purchase a new Globe sim.

By the way, make sure the device is unlocked otherwise the sim card won't work.

Keep me posted.

• Re: How do you connect to a HSPA+ network?
              ChitoReyes

antony. You had a question a day before with the same topic at Can someone explain what is a HSPA+ network?

And to answer you again in case you were not able to read it...

HSPA+ is actually Evolved HSPA (also known as HSPA Evolution, HSPA+)  a wireless broadband standard defined in 3GPP release 7 and 8 of the WCDMA specification. It is 3G and NOT 4G as what Globe is claiming for marketing purposes.

A 4G LTE sim is supposed to be backwards compatible, meaning, it would work in devices capable only of 3G or even just 2G.

To answer your question... YES, your device would be able to use a 4G LTE sim but the it would tap only be the 3G data network as your device is NOT 4G LTE capable. You do not have to worry as there are a lot more 3G (HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA, HSPA+) sites than there are with 4G LTE.

Furthermore, an ordinary non-LTE sim (You do not need a "special" sim) can connect to a 3G (HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA, HSPA+) network.

I hope these would address your query in detail for more understanding.