4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2015 4:44 PM by Rust Cohle

Upcoming Games I Am Most Excited About

Rust Cohle

rainy-v2.jpg

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/

As a lifelong gamer, I’ve always looked forward to the biggest annual gaming event that is E3. I still remember reading about E3 of previous years in gaming magazines, where they showcased games like Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil 2, now considered classic titles.

Earlier this month, E3 2015 pulled back the curtains on some of the hottest games of the year and these are just some that caught my attention.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Rise of the Tomb Raider is a sequel to the fantastic 2013 reboot and is easily one of my favorite games at E3. Lara’s learned some crucial, life-saving survival skills this time around, and the game’s developers are promising more ominous tombs and secret caverns for our favorite heroine to traverse. The game is scheduled for release on November 10, 2015.

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Snake is back and this time he’s not alone. In The Phantom Pain, players take control of Snake but with a slight, game-changing twist: behind the iconic war hero is a band of powerful mercenaries that players can summon any time in-between missions. A sniper named Quiet, an attack dog and a horse are just some of the examples shown at E3. Snake’s comeback is slated for September, 2015.

Final Fantasy VII Remake

The game with the shortest trailer is the one I am most excited about. Of all the games I’ve played, and I’ve played a lot of video games, mind you, Final Fantasy VII is the most significant and never fails to evoke cheerful memories of my childhood. Fans of the original game have clamored for a remake for more than a decade and I am one of them.

Finally, this year, somebody listened.

Other notable games that were announced at E3 are Dishonored 2, Star Fox Zero (remember this N64 classic?), Uncharted 4, Street Fighter 5 and Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate.

Guys, take a break from DotA or Clash of Clans. Console gaming is such a classic entertainment experience and a thing of beauty.