82 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2016 7:22 AM by phijay

DSL Data Cap

INQUE

I heavily use Steam for all my game purchases and on average one game is at least 10GB. How can your subscribers rely on digital distribution if you put arbitrary data caps to your service. If your data centers can't handle the load, then don't heavily your market your services unless you're ready to expand. I'm now forced to wait 1 year before ending my contract, since this wasn't made aware to me when I decided to "happily" upgrade to 5mbps

Official response of Globe Twitter rep as I initially thought my connection had a problem because it wasn't hitting 5mbps

Message was edited by GlennO to remove profanity

• Re: DSL Data Cap
          notevenfollowed
          Next time kasi maging aware ka sa ina-applyan mo. Basa-basa din pag may time.
              INQUE

Apparently, the new data caps were instituted as of Nov 2011. I was a member since 2010 and no such rule / policy existed.

Fine, it's still bad research on my part, but as a customer, I still feel I should have been made aware that this new policy is in place.

But ultimately that's not the point. Why data cap your connection at 10gb? Why cap it at all? If they were going to cap the connection, they could have made it a more reasonable data cap to maybe 100GB or I would gladly pay a fee that would totally remove the cap if they're worried about user capacity.

Consuming 10gb is peanuts nowadays. The reason I wanted my plan upgraded was because I am a consumer of digitally distributed content and 10gb won't cut it for my requirements. 

Trash
                We all know that research is very important when it comes to applying for such promotional whatever of globe. On his end, he was not advised regarding such and that information is not available for old subscribers like me who first "HAD" his globe dsl line back in 2009. This modification is not disclosed to old subscribers. I totally disagree that it's about being aware since, if i were to talk to a globe rep, should i pretty much waste an hour on the phone asking for all the updates they had from the time that i first signed up for a dsl subscription. You are just being too arrogant.
                  julesravago
                  FYI, ang pagkaka alam ko, wala po silang capping before. like me, i was so pissed that my internet connection is sometimes fast and sometimes not even reaches my supposed to be cir of 1.8mbps. i was told that capping for my plan started last feb 2013 and i believe that as a consumer, i should have been informed first and i would gladly terminate my account if that was the case. matagal na post mo di ko lang natiis. btw, can u like scan an agreement or contract from globe wherein it's stated that theres in capping in their plans? wew.
                  notevenfollowed
                  OT:

I don't work for globe, the only connection that globe and I have is being a subscriber. I previously have issue with globe and decided to terminate my WiMAX subscription.
                    jnieurzyla

You have to remember that senior managers who actually make decisions on where their systems run, only live in Manila,  also the people we talk to in Globe will have never met these seniors, and any requests we give to have services expanded will not reach these seniors.

I live in Lipa, a DSL line was run into the subdivision I live in when it was first built, but since then the housing area has expanded 6 times to the original size, so obvioulsy DSL is not available except to any Politicians who move into here, the rest of us have to make do with wimax, and then only at 1mg, but this again is reduced on "their fair use plan" which means we get 60% only of what we pay for.

I asked for DSL, and was told no lines left, wimax is all I can have, but their is no 2mg only 1 mg, a clear sign that this requires another fat ipe to be expanded, but it will never happen.

Of course their is no expansion plans, especially outside Manila.

The logistics of both Globe and Smart do not see further than the end of their noses, and their wallets.

I have been told many times, if you want a better service then live in Manila....

But if you want a really good pofessional service then go to Singapore, Hong Kong anywhere but the Philippines.

I mean the people voted for a known corrupt mayor in Manila, Erap, what else an you expect hahaha.

kulot
                      Hackers are like virus...the spreading cant be controlled...the best way we can do as subscribers is to take care on our own...because globe cannot monitor each of us
                        PocoyoPocoyo

cust service rep of globe should inform the customer about fair usage policy.. before the installation and before upgrading the speed package.. this FUP kills my account in globe.. when i signed the contract there's no such thing as DAILY USAGE ALLOWANCE.. ive been using globe dsl 1mbps for about 4 1/2 years.. running with multiple computers, tablets and cellphones.. watching video streaming online and downloading without having any problems...  then recently i decided to upgrade my service from 1 mbps to 3 mbps.. which is the biggest mistake of my life.. what a horrible service.. thats what i can say about it.. it took 2months for their field tech to locate my house..though im only in fairview q.c near in highway..  and took another 2 months to upgrade the service.. and whats more.. for 4 months i keep calling globe cust service.. and no one tried to explain or inform me about daily capping.. including when i upgrade the service.. and then when the order is complete.. then i started to experienced this FUP...  then finally they informed me about this FUP.. i called numerous times.. already talk tons of csr's... several supervisors.. and never been transferred to a manager when i ask to.. just to save my account... i experienced to put on hold for more than an hour.. and calls being disconnected.. so i decided to let go of globe.. and think.. this is how globe treat their loyal customers.. when i got to their retention dept.. they offered me a lot of crap.. then i ask the rep.. "if you remove my daily capp.. ill stay with globe.. " so now im on a different ISP.. though i know its a little bit expensive but atleast.. they have the guts to tell me that they have UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH.. and i will get the speed im paying for..

PocoyoPocoyo

sir.. for daily cap of globe.. it is not just about download.. the 7gb allowance for 3 mbps bandwidth are both downloads and uploads... so if u already downloaded 4 gb and 3 gb for upload then u already reach the cap.. then u have to wait up until 12mn.. then the speed goes back again.. this FUP is suited for granny customers.. for people that has 1 computer and use internet surf.... but not for us...  " if there's any changes on the account...  the account holder must be informed.. or account holder must agree with it.. " when i upgrade my account.. they told me everything... from the phone features.. to internet service.. to my monthly bill.. up until modem installation.. but they didnt told me about this FUP.. like what i've said.. i embrace globe dsl for 4 1/2 years... and i really recommend them to all the people i know.. we have several computers.. tablets and phones.. my computer is open 24/7..  and 1 mbps speed can handle it.. all the problem started when i upgrade the service.. and  about this FUP... thats all i can say... 

elmer0224

How can you tell if your Globe Internet is being capped?

I'll be celebrating my 4th year anniversary with Globelines and I've upgraded from 2 mbps to 3 mbps. I randomly check speed once in a while via speedtest.net and I'm always getting good results :smileyhappy:

I'm a heavy downloader of movies and tv series :smileyhappy:

notevenfollowed
                              @elmer0224

Base on ( http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/fup ) you can download at least 7GB of data per day before they slowed down your speed.
                                notevenfollowed
                                Ay teka school yan dba? Dapat business plan para walang capping, kung regular plan yan dapat aware ka sa capping.

Oo nga ano, walang metro? So dapat self monitoring na lang muna.

Wala nga din sa ad nila yung Fair Use Policy, pero dba dapat pag-aaralan muna natin ang isang bagay bago tayo pumasok sa isang kontrata?
                                  notevenfollowed
                                  Oh lol cap na pala, parang bra lang! :smileyhappy:

Anyways, your school should be aware about this capping before signing a contract with Globe.

Palusot din pag may time! Hihihihihi...
                                    notevenfollowed
                                    @spliffy

Lol. Topic not found sa iyo, ang sabi kasi for members only daw eh. Pero member ka naman, ang weird.
                                      elmer0224

From the website of Globe:

"For DSL accounts with Speed Boost add-on or if it was installed from November 11, 2011 onwards, the usage allowance is refreshed on a daily basis with the following thresholds:

•           For DSL 1 Mbps: 3 GB per account per day
                                      •           For DSL 2 Mbps: 5 GB per account per day
                                      •           For DSL 3 Mbps: 7 GB per account per day"

Kaya pala hindi ko maramdaman yung capping sa download speed... kasi yung Globelines ko since February 2010 pa :smileyhappy:

voodoo_696

good morning po mga sir.. kakalipat lng po namin sa globe dsl.. crappy service na kasi binibigay ng pldt sa area namen.. tulad po ng iba dito di ko rin po alam ang tungkol sa FUP ng globe kasi malinaw naman sa ads na unlimited... well anyway ok n din sa akin dahils so far stable naman ang connection ng net namin ngyon.. meron lang po akong gustong maklaro.. sabi po kasi sa FUP nyo.. 3mbps plan 7gig/day.. so daily po ang capping dba? so pagkakaintindi ko marereset ulit sya sa normal speed nya kinabukasan... ganito po kasi ginawa ko gumamit ako ng app para mamonitor ko yung bandwith ko.. yesterday 5.4g lng ang nagamit ko sabi dun sa app.. and i think accurate naman sya..  so ngyon nag continue ako ulit magdload dahil pagkaalam ko eh another 7gig ulit dba po? pero as of 11am eh capped na ang speed ko? bakit po ganun? pakilinaw lng po.. anong oras po b nagrereset yan? kasi tingin ko basta maka 7gig ka kahit na sa 3 days mo sya consume eh automatic na agad capped ka.. 

voodoo_696

@dudztgp  yes po very frustrating.. akala ko di ako gaano maapektuhan ng FUP dahil 7gig per day eh ok na sa akin, kaso mali naman implementation nila.. unfair..

@Jleunam wala na tayo magagawa sir.. tama nasa huli ang pagsisise.. laging talo ang consumer dito sa bansa natin.. hehe..

Jleunam

Globe = "Hope you understand..."

US = "NO WE DONT UNDERSTAND!!!"

PLDT = "Oh hello there!"

ME = ":smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:"

Globe (Again) = "Hope you understand"

ZZZzzzZZZ...

Jleunam

I already called the hotline, and they explained the "F-U-P" thingy...

Im currently using shaplus bandwidth meter daily usage is around 5-8GB/day

The usual usage of a subscriber having 3MBPS (gaming, streaming, downloading & uploading things, remote connections, cctv viewing way too many to tell)

But the point is, why do we he have this "CAP" if we are paying for a particular DSL speed plan right?

Is that fair?

Ephemeral

IMO the FUP is a bad thing.

One does not simply cap bandwidth due to technology is evolving everyday including. Many are being aware on how to use the Internet. IMO... this is kinda a let down.

Second is... you guys are probably using NAT. Rather than capping. Make the bandwidth unlimited, though throttle the torrents or some tail drop. I know you guys receive DMCA complaints anyway.

Most websites today require at least 1 MB including their CDN to load due to the implementation of HTML 5 and Web 2.0 applications the 100kbps per site doesn't exist in commonly visited sites, also flash ads alone can be 100kb in file size. Also, who in the right mind will want to watch a 240p video. Most common Youtube videos today requires 4 MB to 2MB internet with proper latency to load 480p or even a 360p. Let's say the Cache helps. But not all users want their activity cached, hence it turns to a bandwidth on demand concept.

I was really planning to Apply to Globe before regarding Internet. Though knowing these, I changed my mind. T_T

Jleunam

Good thing you changed your mind...

But then again, this F-U-P is a "F*%K UP PLAN" epic fail.

I've been deceived into knowing  that I have a full 3mbps DSL speed plan.

And It hurts to know that, If only their agents explained that to me... I'm definitely out of here.

Sigh...

dudztgp
                                                        I really hope Globe listens to complaints or at least explain their side.

I like the idea of throttling the speed only when using Torrent. They should not throttle down the whole speed for browsing or watching legit movies online and downloads.

The least Globe can do is to tell prospective subscribers about data cap. Or probably, cap all PLANS, not just the lower speeds. Now that's FAIR USAGE!
                                                      Ephemeral

Maybe they should invest in caching machines so they won't worry too much about raw bandwidth and won't effect PPPoE subs.

dudztgp
                                                          Why invest when they can slap FUP on the faces of their subscribers? They'd probably care less about investing on better equipment or extra bandwidth.
                                                              Jleunam

Or they can simply slap F-U-P out in their system, and then everybody happy.

Simple as that.

If other ISP's can offer no F-U-P, why can't they also? Globe "Live without limits" right?

rsahagun22

akala ko ako lang ang nakaka cap agad kahit sabi ng bandwidth monitor ko eh 1.66gb palang in a nice friday 9pm. hmmm...

dapat meron talagang transparency sa bandwidth consumption. hindi pwede yung capped ka tapos pag tawag mo walang breakdown ng details, anong oras ka na cap. kesyo automatic daw sa system.

akala ko tuloy nahack ako dahil recently ko lang napansin na maagang na cacap kahit hindi pa reached ang limit. (2mbps/5gb). pero di ko pa din inaalis ang posibilidad na nahack.

pero dapat talaga detailed ang explanation kung paano mo "nareach" yung cap mo. tapos dapat somewhat di nagkakalayo ang report ng globe at ng sarili mong 3rd-party bandwidth monitor software.

so i believe maganda talaga mag install kayo ng bandwidth monitor. sakin networx. tapos screenshot natin lagi pag bumagal ang speed pero hindi pa na reach ang cap para may evidence for complaint. them maybe we can file it sabay sabay hehe...

notevenfollowed
                                                              @dudztgp

Hindi naman po laging "noted" ang sagot ng NTC, yung case ko na-resolve naman nila. At pinasauli pa yung mga binayad kong monthly fee at pati installation fee. Waived na din ang termination fee.

Basta kalma ka lang at hindi pina-iiral ang init ng ulo, eh magkakaruon ka ng hustisya dyan sa problema mo sa Globe.
                                                                  dudztgp

@notevenfollowed

Good for you if NTC resolved your issue. Can you enlighten us more on what happened? Pics or it didn't happen. :smileyhappy:

Don't worry, kalma lang ako sir. I'd suggest you do not put emotions on my messages. :smileywink:

@ishtangli

It's not about bravery. We don't even need to file a class action suit if Globe is aware or even read the threads on this community. We are here just to share the frustrations of other subscribers experiencing data cap without even reaching the quota.

By the way, I've been reporting the issue to Globe since my first time I encountered data cap. Again, I'm just sharing.

elmer0224

can you please share your experience about your complaint against globe? i complained against them kasi, since they never informed me about the fup when i upgraded my service. it's still w/ ntc and awaiting an answer from globe this friday. thanks!

notevenfollowed
                                                                    Hindi naman ito mangyayari kung hindi inapprobahan ng NTC. #BlameTheGovernment
                                                                      LeeTsubasa

@OffTopic

Sana magkaroon din soon satin neto noh?

https://fiber.google.com/cities/kansascity/plans/

One time Payment for (Almost) Free internet @5mbps. Hintay mode sa Google. lol

nate494614

Hi guys.

Actually ung plan na under ng FUP is unlimited. May capping to for downloading pero unlimited browsing. So once na maexceed nyo ung allowable na gig per day magagamit nyo pa rin to for browsing ang effect nga lang mabagal kasi 30% ng plan nyo na cap na. And ung FUP na aapproved para ndi lang sarili natin ung iniicp natin. for example wlang FUP tapos un kapitbhay nyo nakaresidential account and gnagamit to for business (e.g 10 units ng pc) kung wlang FUP tayo dn ang maapektuhan sa mga taong sobra sobra gumamit ng connection.:smileyhappy:

kitanaseller

DAPAT kasi meron din tayo false advertising.

magpapalabas ng unlimited internet pero may capping.

May capping na nga, mali talaga speed meter.

Download speed meter ng globe nasa 256kbps, pero ung real download mo ng file around 20-30kbps lang.

Wala ako alam sa computer pero un ang nakikita ko sa monitor.

Mi hindi makapagdownload ng malaking gamefile.

Ay meron pla , gamehouse games pede madownload.

carl_0325
                                                                            @nate494614

The problem as a consumer gusto natin makita talaga yung na consume na usage everyday..Mahirap din naman maniwala na na consume mo na ang 5gb kung alam mo na naman yung nature ng pag gamit mo sa internet..

What if wala sa mood mag troubleshoot ang agent niyo tapos sasabihin nalang na capped na wait nlang next day to refresh the speed..Kung ordinary consumer ka maniniwala ka nlang, pero sa iba kelangan nila ng proof, kelangan din kse n consumer mismo nakikita nga nya n na reach nya na un usage allowance..Thanks
                                                                                nate494614
                                                                                ok what if ikaw alam mo ung nature sa pag gamit ng connection mo pero ung mga tao sa paligid m na gumagamit din ng connection mo even wifi nag dodownload and nag aupload ng hindi mo namomonitor?
                                                                                    dudztgp

@carl_0325

Kung hindi kaya ng Globe ibigay yung usage nating mga subscribers, we do it our way. Install a bandwidth monitor. Better if you can install DDWRT on your router. It monitors all incoming/outgoing data from the WAN port. You don't have to monitor every device that connects to the router.

In case na na-cap ka at nakita mo sa bandwidth monitor na hindi mo pa nauubos yung allowance, then take a screenshot. Use it as an evidence when filing a complaint.

By the way, that's what I'm doing now. Monitoring my data usage.

@nate494614

Hope you don't mind me asking, what's your Globe DSL subscription?

carl_0325
                                                                                  @nate494614
                                                                                  Ang point ko lang is that hindi pa dina satisfy ang consumer unless wala sila nakikita na proof na ma consume na yung minimum usage for the day..That is for a typical end user lang, pero pano yung mga consumer na mabusisi talaga.
                                                                                    GianAgustin

LIVE WITHOUT NO LIMITS? YA SURE?

aironnemaq_25

lol is removing the network of glbe and it will start tomorrow. how about the players that has globe who cannot play . Can you please Fix this problem :smileyhappy:

jmrodaje
                                                                                        As I applied globe bundled plan. We didn't notice that there is a FAIR USE POLICY, kung saan kapag nareach mo na ung limit eh bababa ung speed ng net mo.
                                                                                        Dapat kasi Naka highlight yan kapag nag aalok kayo ng products sa customer para mkita nmin or makapagisip ung customer nyo kung bibilin nya ba ung service na un or hindi.

Well you are a company.. and a company should think a MARKETING strategy and that strategy is to offer lower price better than the competitor.

Back to PLDT. no cap.
                                                                                          Ephemeral

Di naman sa taga Globe ako... pero regarding po doon sa speed. Yan po ay burstable/up to as stated sa contract and plan. You may reach the actual speed... burst above your paln... or not reach at all. Yun po ang concept ng burstable and not in anyway related or connected sa data cap or fair share policy nila which limits the throughput bandwidth. Di po tayo nagbabayad ng CIR or committed information rate which is pag 3mb 3mb isa constant, regard less upload and download.

Now that's explained. I hope Globe can entertain the related questions.  :-D

dudztgp

Ephemeral wrote:

Di naman sa taga Globe ako... pero regarding po doon sa speed. Yan po ay burstable/up to as stated sa contract and plan. You may reach the actual speed... burst above your paln... or not reach at all. Yun po ang concept ng burstable and not in anyway related or connected sa data cap or fair share policy nila which limits the throughput bandwidth. Di po tayo nagbabayad ng CIR or committed information rate which is pag 3mb 3mb isa constant, regard less upload and download.

Now that's explained. I hope Globe can entertain the related questions.  :-D

Tama ka sir about sa burstable speed pero hindi yan ang main issue. Gaya nga ng sabi mo, hindi mo makukuha yung speed all the time pero dapat, may time, kahit minsan, na makuha mo siya diba? Kung not reachable yan, bakit mo pa sasabihin na 3mbps or 5mbps kung hindi naman pala? Iisipin talaga ng subscribers na scam yan or panloloko. Ikaw, payag ka ba ng ganyan? Kung payag ka, wala na ko magagawa. Pero kami, hindi kami agree jan. Bakit naman ang PLDT walang ganyang issue?

Isa lang ang pwedeng solution jan. Increase nila yung downstream or line profile. Alam naman nilang may overhead ang PPPoE tapos sakto lang ibibigay nilang downstream. Ang effect niyan, hindi mo talaga makukuha yung advertised bandwidth kahit pagbalibaligtarin mo ang mundo dahil sinasakop na ng overhead. I guess may idea ka sa sinasabi ko.

My subscription is 5mbps and I'm able to get that bandwidth before. Ang downstream ko na makikita sa modem ay 6144kbps. Most of the time, nakukuha ko talaga. I have recorded the history of speedtest.net. Since nagkaroon nga ng changes, yung downstream ko naging 5120kbps na lang. So ang nakukuha ko na lang ay 4.25+ Mbps. Kung pwede nga lang bawasan ko na din yung bayad ko eh kaso  hindi naman ganun yun diba.

Oh well, it won't make sense to explain further kasi I'll switch din naman after lock-in period. In case na magawan nila ng paraan yan, maybe I'll think twice but I doubt na maayos nila yan.

rsahagun22

i-expand nga lang ang data cap kung hindi kaya alisin eh baka mas OK na...

medyo antabay din ako sa lock-in period ko hehe. malapit lapit na kung tama ang estima ko. around march or april. sana may available pa na PLDT line dito sa amin.

sayang din sulit pa naman samin yung promo ng globe sa landline na unlicalls to TM/Globe for additional P100 sa bill. puro globe subscribers pa naman ang circle namin. sayang talaga. tapos dahil sa ganitong issue, baka mabaligtad na.

sana if kikilos sila to improve and to care for their subscribers, the time is now ;-) ... better late than never.

dudztgp
                                                                                                      @victoledano

I think kaya binubura nila kasi ALL CAPS yung post sir. As far as I know, may rules ang forum about posting.

Minimize mo sir yung ALL CAPS para hindi nila burahin. Kapag binura pa din nila, I think may ibang ibig sabihin kung bakit.
                                                                                                          victoledano

@dudztgp 

Nagapologize na po ako sa moderator...and di talaga maiiwasan kung dito ko lang maibubuhos yung inis ko dahil sa inefficiency ng globe dsl service...

Anyway, Mr. Moderator..."sorry po uli"...

Paimprove po sana nung speed nung dsl nila...kung minarket po nila ay "up to 3mbps"...eh sana tuparin po nila at hindi 2.5mbps average up to 2.6mbps ang makukuha sa speedtest.net...and paki emphasize po yung data cap during marketing.

So far, sa mahigit isang taon na akong subscriber ng globe eh hindi ko pa nakuha yung 2.7mbps na speed...

Kami pre..as a designer sa power distribution...ginagawan namin ng paraan na makuha ang desired parameters sa pinaka-end side...eh sana ganun din ang globe dsl service...

Mr. dudztgp ikaw na lang ang magshout out about dun sa actual speed na nakukuha natin and sa improvement ng data cap. Thank you very much

notevenfollowed
                                                                                                    I'm talking about Bossing Vic's post, w/c is off-topic.

Why not make another topic about line profiles?
                                                                                                      notevenfollowed
                                                                                                      Sige Bossing Vic, i-push mo lang yan.

Good luck and have a nice day! :smileyhappy:
                                                                                                        ÅpåÅlöriå

To Globe Community,

In http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/ new broadband plans as of Jan. 15, 2014, in FAQ's section is there no more "fair use policy" on any DSL plan?

soliel

It's hidden away but still there

http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/fup

For DSL accounts with Speed Boost add-on or if it was installed from November 11, 2011 onwards, the usage allowance is refreshed on a daily basis with the following thresholds:

•           For DSL 1 Mbps: 3 GB per account per day

•           For DSL 2 Mbps: 5 GB per account per day

•           For DSL 3 Mbps: 7 GB per account per day

•           For DSL 5 Mbps: 10 GB per account per day

•           For DSL 7 Mbps: 10 GB per account per day

Jeian

It is not hidden thus, It is on the FAQ's. On the other hand, As far as I know 7Mbps have 15GB/day

soliel

It is hidden because if wasn't, all the plans would have a link to the respective fup or at least an asterisk. Even sales rep don't know about the DSL fup. Try calling 211 accpunts and most of them thibk the wired lines dsl of globe has no capping.

Jeian

Yes they have. Globe reps also know it, try asking them about the FUP. Of course Globe's account specialist are somewhat knows that but all Globe Tech Broadband Reps knows them a lot

yeah 10GB/Day for 7Mbps

soliel

So I guess Ms. Michelle their account specialist must have not known about when u called her about the globe mydsl because I was planning on switching from wimax. Not a lot of their accounts specialist knows which leads to confusion on the part of the customers.

In fact paiba iba ang reply nila

Just like the globe FUP. Someone actually said 30gb ang mobile data. Some even told me walang data cap ang wimax.

vishamon

I am 3Mbps dsl + phone subscriber which gives me a 7GB data cap. Last night around 8pm 03/08/14, I started downloading a 9,95GB game. At around 12 midnight i was only able to download about 800MB and then i reset my program which monitors my total download/upload (HWiNFO64) because the previous globe tech support i talked with says that the cap resets at around 12mn. By around 1pm 03/09/14, i was able to download 5.1GB total since 12mn. Then suddenly i experienced slow speeds around 1Mbps so i called their tech support and he said i reached my cap. He also told me that the cap resets at 6am. So first of all, I never reached 7GB starting from 12mn via HWiNFO64. And even if i I disregard the monitoring program, I was only able to download 53.8% of the 9.95GB game which is 5.35GB  since 8pm 03/08/14. Even if i include browsing/playing online games/wathcing youtube, it will not reach 500MB...and that is from 8pm 03/08/14 to 1pm 03/09/14. I also monitor my upload data which only amounted to 300MB. And if the 6am cap reset time is true, my total download would atleast be 40% less than the 5.1GB+ download data that i recorded starting 12mn. They already escalated my call for a manual reset which can take up to 24 hrs...which by then would be useless. They should give a way for their customers to find out exactly how much they already used in their cap and provide information exactly when the cap resets. If its not possible, then atleast give their tech support a way to check the current data usage whether it reached the cap or not. If this happens again, i most probably will downgrade to 2Mbps since I only get 2.5Mbps out of my supposedly 3Mbps plan (everyone does i think because of the PPPOE thing) and I never get to utilize the 7GB cap. btw, in my previous 2Mbps plan, my average speed is really 2Mbps and the lowest i got was 1.9Mbps which is seldom.

azrael97c

Globe should implement a bandwidth monitor app for transparency if they're implementing FUP. Sure, subscribers can install 3rd party bandwidth monitors but in the end of the day it's Globe who says if you've reached your cap and throttles you.

I don't want to be calling them arguing about what I measure as my consumption vs what the Globe CSR is telling me that I've reached my limit.

Also I'm not a fan of daily caps... there are days where I download more (ie new game, a big game update, etc) so i would really prefer a monthly cap instead.

sporokotok

Why don't Globe DSL just use caching server.  Most data such as pictures and videos make up most of what's being used.  Caching server on the ISP side will greatly decrease the need for various data to taken from the original source.  This in turn save a huge amount of bandwidth for the ISP by having served most of the data coming locally(caching server) rather than internationally.

suicoalbert

FUP!

That kind of thing is really pissed me off....

Sa pagload pa lang ng sites nagcoconsume na ng bytes eh...

Ok na sana mabilis na ang connection ng Globe kaso nga lang mabilis din maubos ang bandwidth allocation...

Almost 15 days ko lang gamitin ang allocation the rest of days is shit...

elmer0224

Anyone else tried to question Globe's FUP at the NTC? Share your experience please

keizer0909

Hi everyone,

Informed ba kayo sa bagong policy ng globe regarding Data Cap? Kahapon I try to talk them regarding sa possible throttle ng bandwidth once na ma-reached mo na yung cap and guess what from 5mbps down to 0.65mbps dahil daw nag exceed na ko sa 60gb ko na limit ang matinde pa nito possible pa daw na mawalan ako ng internet pag tumaas pa yung nagamit ko (Current Usage: 65gb as per globe) Take note: Mawawalan ako ng internet pag tumaas pa usage ko so inshort hindi na ko pwede gamitin kase dun na din patungo and masama neto nasa kalahating buwan palang ako so my 15days pa until ma-restore yung 60gb ko na allowance para bumalik sa 5mbps. I try to ask them regarding sa 65gb usage na nagamit ko pero wala pa daw silang tools para sa monitoring na yun so basically meron lang daw nag ccalculate lang ng usage per client so yun lang yung meron sila. Ang nakakapagtaka pa din dito yes guilty naman ako na nag-ddownload ako but the fact na 65gb naubos ko ng (1 desktop, 2-4 devices) Updates sa playstore, Steam (Dota 2 only), Browsing, Video Streaming at yes yung spotify nakakapagtaka naman na sa 20days umabot na agad ako. Okay let's just say sa end ko mali pa din but the fact yung bagong rules na imbis na mag throttle daw ng 30% lang ang ibaba masasagad na siya to 0%. Inform ba kayo? Let me know if you are baka kase ako lang din yung hindi nakaka-alam base kase bago ako mag-apply ang sabi lang talaga sakin makakaranas ako ng pagbagal so I assume na from 5mbps down to 2-3 but 0.65mbps. Asan yung salitang makatao dun GLOBE?

jeffian

Hi INQUE There's no problem in DATA CAP and it's normal but the problem is GLOBE they'd not revert it into 3G-HSPA+ Band if Fair Use Policy is active. My point is if the subscriber is from LTE and the 10GB* data allowance is already used we expect that it will revert it into HSPA+ or at least 512Kbps but sad to say GLOBE didn't cooperate with that. We're still reverted into 2G

phijay

Hi Globe and everyone,

Do you think that it needs to update the Fair User Policy (FUP) ??

Because as of today I think data seems so large now (HD videos, HD sound, HD picture, etc) and it really not suits for a user when you are about to limit it to 800MB or so.

I'm just wondering and just want to know what you think on this co-subscribers.