6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2016 1:40 AM by docchris

Globe Renewal Sucks..Customer Center Sucks More..

starrianne

I had been a globe postpaid subscriber since 2010 and luckily I had experience renewing my contract with them 2 times now and how happy it would be that I had experience the same situation. Their renewal handling sucks more specifically at their globe centers. Last year, I try to process the renewal of my account and how happy it would be that their customer care representative lied to me that the unit I was trying to avail was out of stock. I ask her can you just borrow stocks on your new account (since I was informed by a representative when I call 211 that I can renew my contract at any globe centers and if they do not have unit stocks for their renewal they are allowed to borrow from their new account stocks), she told me that the said unit was also out of stock on their new account.

So on the same day at the same globe center, I tried to apply for a new account asking for the same unit. How nice of them that when you apply for a new account they have units on hand. When I ask when did the said unit stocks arrive, she said that they have it since morning on the same day. I then ask her, why did her co employee tell me that they do not have any stocks on hand when I tried to renew my current account. She then raise her voice at me (since we both know that I caught their customer representative lying) that they are not prioritizing the renewals. The unit stocks on hand was barely for their new accounts only. No allocation for renewals.

• Re: Globe Renewal Sucks..Customer Center Sucks More..
          ChitoReyes

From what I know, allocation for new subscribers are different from recontracting and it would make business sense to prioritize new subscribers.

Not telling the truth is a convenience Globe has in order to tamp the expectations of their existing subscribers which we hope would change over time,

joannevictoriag

Hello starrianne, will it be okay for you to share which Globe Center this is so we can make sure the same handling won't be experienced again. How long ago was this?

starrianne

Hi its at SM Muntinlupa...I just can't remember when exactly the lying and raising of the voice happened but its the last week of your Globe Super Plan Offer...I intend to process my re-contracting there since when I try to renew dialing 211  they inform me that they are not already offering the Globe Super Plan (all consumable plan) and had migrated to Globe My LIfestyle Plan...but they advise me that I can still process and get the Globe Super Plan at SM Muntinlupa and Festival Mall Alabang..since they will be the last Globe Center near my area offering the same...

In the end I just decided not to renew due to what happened...

docchris

I would have to agree. How many new subscribers are they planning on getting versus the number of existing subscribers switching instead because of this stupid allocation? Earlier last year, this was what I had to do to get an iphone 6. I had to keep my old line because apparently they do not have enough stocks then later on disconnect that number. Went to a globe store, applied for a new line (platinum at that) and got the phone the same day. Keep in mind that they their stores no longer entertain renewal requests so yeah, no sense in going to their store for renewal unti you gehrough that "loyalty" hotline first. Some real test for loyalty they have.. Late last year, I planned on getting an iphone 6s for another postpaid account i have with them. After about 2 months of calling to check for stocks for my preferred model/memory, I ended up disconnecting that line as well as another postpaid line that I had no plan to since it was used for business. No regrets and without exaggeration was the best decision ever. I no longer have to put up with a network that has poor network quality in my home ( I live in Angeles City...CITY so no excuse to not have signal anywhere in my house) and now just have to put up with this one supposedly premium mobile account that's left that makes me unreachable all the time. So much for platinum, 12 more months and good bye!. I can't even ask them to call me back for any concern because I'm quite sure I'll be "our of coverage area'.