5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2016 3:08 PM by sniferzed Branched to a new discussion.

Prepaid Load to Gcash Under Maintenance Until Further Notice - Due to legal and fraud issues

_chucktaylor

@@Hi Gcash! I am accepting prepaid load as mode of payment for 6 products for my online buy and sell business. It is very convenient both to me and my customers - specially to the ones who aren't near ur outlets to cash in or the ones not using globe as rheir provider. Since the maintenance, I currently have couple of thousand prepaid load sitting in 6 of my sim cards and I am afraid they will het expired if the issue is not fixed asap.

I understand that you are going thru maintenance due to fraud accounts caused you some legal issues but what about us legit users? How long can we wait. The irony of waiting for "until further notice" is giving us pain in our pockets and time. I hope sooner or later this feature is up again. I just started my business and it's going down now. Please. Give us a definite update. Please.

• Re: Prepaid Load to Gcash Under Maintenance Until Further Notice - Due to legal and fraud issues
          Ryan Jae Ongcuangco

They are still ironing ways to improve the service, I understand your frustration, legit customers were greatly affected by the ongoing maintenance.

By the way, accepting payments through Load was a bit costly (15%) transaction charge  and Load conversion to Gcash was entirely for Personal use and should not be use for commercial payment method.

• Re: Prepaid Load to Gcash Under Maintenance Until Further Notice - Due to legal and fraud issues
              _chucktaylor

Totally understood. My point is they should at least give us assurance that 1.) this feature will be back, I use postpaid as my main line and I won't be using the prepaid load that are meant to rot. 2.) to provide ETA when, providing customers the reason that it will be out of service until further notice makes their gcash agents over phone sound dumb - to start with they could have provided advance notice.

There was this scenario:

ME: May I know kung kelan maayos ung issue?
              CSR: Wala pong notice, until further notice.

ME: May I know what caused this issue not to be available? May system issue ba or nag upgrade kayo?

CSR: Sir, inaayos pa po ang maintenance.

Another call today resulted to answers I can't comprehend, even the word maintenance can't be worded out by the agent:

CSR: As of the moment po kasi it's under..................Under..........Ummmmm....

ME: *Waiting for the word though I know what the agent is gonna say*

CSR: *a moment of silence*

ME: Maintenance, you mean?

CSR: Yes sir, sorry, I can't put it into words.

That's the time I asked for a supervisor and told me what's really going on. That's when I figured the agent wanted to say under investigation due to legal issues... The supervisor told me everything and was really helpful. I just hope their agents are trained and allowed to say what's really going on and not to put customers in circle.

What's unacceptable is there is not ETA. Sure there should be.

Thanks for the reminder though, but as far as I am aware I can accept payment any way I can, right? Thus prepaid reloading can be one of them. It is myself who converts it to gcash credit then that is where personal use comes in because the prepaid load credits belongs to me as the owner of the sim once loaded and it is for my disposal - I can use it any way I want, this time is the feature that is being taken away without prior notice and won't be available until further notice.

15% service charge may be costly but out of P1000, P150 is not too much compared to time and amount of money to be sent for going to the nearest city just to look for a gcash outlets - this is for people I do business with in the provinces, and yeah postal charges which I charge for free.

I just hope Smart Money would have the same feature, I'd immediately get an account and mastercard with them.

janete142003

mageexpire na ang load ko wala paring load to conversion mag 2 weeks na aba

sniferzed

Malaki ang naitulong ng Globe prepaid to cash sa mga un-banked citizen natin lalo na sa kababayan nating nakatira sa bukid or walang mga payment facilities bumibili lang sila ng load sa tindahan at e transfer para mkapagpadala ng pera sa mga anak at kamag - anak nil sa city.. na nag aaral or may emergency.. 10% ay ok na ok kaysa mag travel pa sa city na ang pamasahi ay 100 200 or 300 dipa kasali pagkain nyan.. so ito pa ang naging advantage.. kaya kami ay nangangailangan.. ng serbisyong ito..