4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 6:46 PM by themarvs

Recontracting offer???

themarvs

My 24 month lock-up period is about to expire tomorrow (July 15) but I was able to request for a recontract and I already got my new phone which is a Samsung S6 Edge. I noticed that my cash out was the same with the cash out for new lines. I even upgraded my plan from 999 to 1499 just to make the cash out a little bit smaller. I'm just thinking if Globe can really give me something to not to regret my choice to recontract. I heard it could be a discount or a vill rebate. Hoping to hear from you ASAP once my new contract starts on the 16th.

• Re: Recontracting offer???
          RNav

themarvs The usual offers for Re-contracting are:

• New device (with or without cash out) + 24 months contract + migration to myLifestyle Plan OR
          • No device + Monthly bill rebates (good for 24 months) + migration to myLifestyle Plan

It's just one or the other. It seems that more promos/freebies are available during launches of new devices. What kind of discount did you mean by the way?

themarvs

Lower cash out. For example, new lines would have to pay PHP18,400 if they are going to have the 1499 plan. But since I finished my contract, I'm expecting that I'm not going to pay the same cash out, atleast a little bit smaller if I'm not going to get a new device for free. Anyway, either offer would be fine with me. So can I still have that bill rebate since I already paid the device (again, PHP18,400 which is the same amount for those who will open a new line)?

RNav

themarvs For the longest time, cash out prices have been the same whether a subscriber is re-contracting or getting a new line. The monthly bill rebates will not be available once you have chosen to re-contract with a new device.

themarvs

So no perks at all. That sucks. My bad, I should've checked about this out earlier. Anyway, I will sure give my friends and officemates a heads up regarding this matter and I will just find a way about termination of contract and all the fees. Thanks for your help. Peace yo