3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 10:08 PM by fhil28

HI I Just wanna ask something

fhil28

Hi I just wanna ask something

I've already sent this on Globe page. this is the copy

the Scenario is, My phone (provided by a Globe plan 500 at Globe Store Pinamalayan, Oriental MIndoro Branch) malfunctioned last March. The problem was the SIM 2 function of the phone just got locked and no local SIM is accepted. Its just locked requiring some Unlocking code.I brought it to a HUAWEI (because its a Huawei Y600) service provider as the agent from globe store SM manila branch suggest. The thing is, they just formatted the phone and and didn't fix it. Also, they told me that it has a problem on its motherboard and suggested me to bring it at the Huawei service provider at Greenhills San Juan. As a student and new to Metro Manila, I can't get there easily. NOTE: they told me it has a MOTHERBOARD PROBLEM.  I just decided not to think of it and focus to my studies. Summer came, and another malfunction occurred.  The problem is it was LOGO-stucked. I brought it to Globe Store Pinamalayan, Oriental MIndoro Branch. they suggested me that they will bring it to Manila so that the service provider will fix it. If any additional charge will apply, they will give it back and we will shoulder the problem. We agreed. As days pass, we are notified by the agent that it will be fixed if we will pay additional charge of 2000+. As agreed, the phone will be given back to us if additional charges occur. By the way, they diagnosed the phone has an LCD PROBLEM. By the time we are going to get the phone, we are required to pay P200 charge. My mom refused as it is now agreed on the time we surrendered the phone for fixing process.    Now my question is, Is there any other way we can get the phone back?    PS: Another problem is, the service provider diagnosed it as Motherboard Problem but Globe did it as LCD problem. A bit confused who is right.   Any suggestions to my problem? I am now only using my old basic phone inserted to it is my Plan 500. I am not enjoying its Free phone feature. I also really need that/ a smartphone now.

• Re: HI I Just wanna ask something
          zyper95

When did you acquire the device from Globe? Only certified Huawei technician can diagnose what is the issue of your phone. Since you already mention the service provider told you it is a motherboard issue then thats it. Just because your phone is stuck at the Logo it does not mean it is an LCD issue. If you don't see any lines or crack/broken it is not an LCD issue its a motherboard since device can no longer boot properly. Did you ask for what was the P200 additional charge?

Jeian

When, you had the problem you should ask a globe store for a warranty/certificate that will be shown to an Authorized Huawei Repair Center for it to be free or if within 7-days Globe shall replace your handset for free.

fhil28

The sim card slot 2 issue occurred after 3-months and the booting issue occured after 6-months, that is 3-months after the 1st issue (the plan is of 2-year contract). I actually did it called GT Cust SVC and advice me to go to the nearest globe store. I did and they advice me to  bring it to Huawei service center at SM San Lazaro. And I brought it to huawei, and, when we brought it to the Huawei service provider, they act like they don't know what they're gonna do with the sim card slot 2 locked issue. by the time i consulted them they're just like "ok, let's try (and then mentioned a term i can't remember, its sounds like they will do it in PC)". when the phone got back, nothing changes except it was formatted. they also adviced me to go to Greenhils San Juan. I  wanna do, but I'm still a student and not familiar with the whole Metro Manila. I ignored it but another issue occured after 3 months as I have said a while ago. It forced me to surrender it to globe and let it fix it because of my limits as a student. The plan is ongoing, but I've already lost the free phone feature ....