10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 1:00 PM by WILLfindways

16k unpaid bill out of nowhere

godknows

Last December 2014, I subscribed to a postpaid plan. I am working abroad so before I left the Philippines, I had the account closed and break the sim so it will not be used anymore. But then just this 1st of August somebody came to our house claiming to be from Globe law office informing my family that I got 16k worth of unpaid bills from the said plan. I had my family contact globe and got informed that the account was not closed at all and the bill got accumulated from the date that was not paid. And my family never received any monthly bill from the date that I left the Philippines. Can anyone tell me what is really happening here? Is this some kind of scam? Any advice I can take to deal with this since why would I pay for something I didn't use and was supposed to be cancelled long time ago.

• Re: 16k unpaid bill out of nowhere
          jerrifecatalan

question, how did you closed your account, and you broke the sim? did you call the terminatiion hotline>?

have your contract ended that time> if no might that the reason why you have that bill amounting of 16k?

includes like termination fee and all..

you have to try reach them here for further clarification .. godknows

Contact Us

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              godknows

Hello Thank you for the response,

First of all, yes I properly ask for the termination of my account and broke my sim in front of the teller and after a week, globe called me for a confirmation if I really wanted to terminate my account and I said YES. after that conversation i went back abroad.

after that call, we haven't received any bills since that day, so I said to my self "well Ok, its already Terminated since we haven't receive any bills"

my family called globe hotlines to ask why there a 16k in my account that supposed to be close and terminated.. the surpervisor said the sim were used and bought a gems for a COC until August (i don't even know what that means but my friend told me its a game from mobile)

It is impossible that i used such thing.... and its imposible that someone's using the sim itself because it was torn into bits and its imposible to used, and why do i have to pay 16k that i didn't even used.. its more like a scam, forcing someone to pay by harassing my family. i could sue you guys for doing that.

WILLfindways
                Maybe, just maybe, he closed his phone then break the sim.

Anyway, if you called the hotline to have your account closed, assuming that you are out of contract and paid your outstanding in full, you may visit the Globe Store and request for the reversal of the charges billed to you.

#WeDeserveFarBetter
                #WILLfindways
                    godknows

already did that, and they said they have no power to reverse the charges that billed to me. so i called globe hotline again, after a few words from the globe services they forward me to their Supervisor, and the supervisor said they dont have power to to reverse my bill charges because its already been forwarded to the legal council

WILLfindways
                  By the way, it's not a scam. Your account was not closed that's why you were still billed after you left the Pilipinas Kong Mahal.

Get it?

#WeDeserveFarBetter
                  #WILLfindways
                      godknows

you realy don't get it, i already did my thing on requesting globe to terminate my account, after 1 week they called my old number and ask for the confirmation if i realy wanted to terminate my account, and i said YES. and they said they will terminate my account.

and to confirm that.. my family said they didnt received any bills after that call.

godknows

why im saying its a scam? because my family told me that someone txted them about the un-payed bill that cost 16k, may family replied: "Nice Try Scammer" after several hours that number called them (it was a girl) saying shes from Law office that globe hired, that girl keeps harassing them and saying "KUNG HINDI NYO BABAYARAN ANG 1 TIME BILL NA 16K, MAG KAKAGULU JAN SA BAHAY NYO, ALAM NAMIN KUNG SAAN KAYO NAKATIRA" for me that kind of words is a THREAT!!! and she was using a SMART NUMBER.

and again why scam? why Globe is forcing me to pay a 1 TIME BILL cost 16k that i didnt even spend a dine and Threatened my family if i wont pay it.