3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 2:45 PM by Paulo D

Call forwarding to not existing number might damage my sim/account?

kah-raam

Hi, I just want to ask if I call forwarding to not existing number might damage my sim/account?I am just doing so that I will not be disturb for few days. I cannot just turn off my cellphone so that I can still receive SMS. What I did was I call forward to number 09**-***-773, actually this is my number, I just take out the last digit of my cp number. when I test if this work, I call my number to other cellphone, the call cannot connect (well  it works!  that what I actually wantI), but I will received an SMS (to my unit that I enabled the call forwarding) saying "You do not exist, hang up the phone". I am just worrying if this can damage my account/cp number. I just want a time off from stressful work calls during weekends. I hope someone can give me a good answer. thank you so much

• Re: Call forwarding to not existing number might damage my sim/account?
          Paulo D

Hi kah-raam!

I don't think it will damage your SIM. The SMS you received is most probably just a heads up that you added a non-existing number to divert your calls. But to be safe, you can also try to block a specific caller for a certain period of time as to not disturb you during your time off.

• Re: Call forwarding to not existing number might damage my sim/account?
              kah-raam

Thank you so much for replying, at least I can feel at ease now on weekends.

About what you said "block a specific caller" I don't know if you are referring to the new features of smart phones "BLOCK NUMBER". Its not practical to use it, its like cancelling the call of the one you block. yes, it will NOT appear on your CALL REGISTER but on the block caller who are trying to contact, your line rings once but then it goes busy line leaving him thinking that you just choose not to receive his/her call (swiping it to the left or the red phone icon). Most of the calls I tried to avoid during weekends were importunate calls from my Superiors. I DON'T want them to think I am too RUDE to answer their call.  (Well, I hope you understand that I am just an overworked and round the clock employee since most of my task were too important to my agency that most of time I work straight 14-18 hours/day on weekdays).

But if there is other way to BLOCK a specific number aside from the smart phone feature that I said, can you teach me how to do it?

Again thank you very much.