1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 2:52 PM by RNav

Do bill rebates have lock-in periods?

jrlaugustbenedict

My 30-month contract is ending on December 17 so I called the hotline (27301300) this afternoon to inquire about my "recontracting" options. The agent discussed with me all the possible options as well as the loyalty rewards I can avail of. After some time talking to the agent, I came to the decision to just get bill rebates as my loyalty reward and have my current plan, Best Ever MySuperPlan 1799, to MyLifestylePlan 1799. I got 350 pesos bill rebates for that. I was quite happy with that until my friend told me (after the call, obviously) that getting bill rebates would mean that I'm going to be locked with Globe for another 24 months. I got really confused because the agent told me that the only way that I would have to be locked in a particular contract period is if I got a new phone (which I obviously didn't do). I was wondering if anyone knows if this is true and if there's any way to revert this. I don't wanna be tied with Globe for the next two years since I'm considering moving overseas in between the first and second quarters of 2016. I just want to retain my number until I leave, plus I don't wanna go through the hassle of switching to prepaid.