4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2016 5:54 PM by steven1961

Slow Browsing, Lost Connection, Cannot Ping Browser - REPOST!

steven1961

To Whom It May Concern,

I originally posted the below comment approx two weeks ago, but it appears that it was removed without any explanation whatsoever?  Additionally, soon after the below comment was approved for posting, I received an email from someone at Globe asking for my user ID and telephone number, I responded with the requested information, but as of today no one from Globe has gotten back to me with any type of a response.  Also, as I stated below, I initially had an open ticket (21809082) regarding this matter, but the ticket was closed by Globe customer service, even though I told them that the problem WAS NOT RESOLVED!!! 

Please see original post below:

============================================================

Recently I've been experiencing quite a bit of problem with Internet connection, and I've been unable to resolve this problem with Globe support.

About a month ago I begin to experience extremely slow browsing, and it started to take a very long time for the content of the page that I was looking at to populate the screen.  Please see below speed test results:

-----------------------

Type        Date               Time               IP Address          Download Speed         Upload Speed

BAD        11/25/15    10:40 PM       180.190.70.40                0.04                           0

GOOD      11/25/15    11:22 PM      180.190.70.40                2.84                           0.74

------------------------

Next I began to notice that my internet connection was occasionally being dropped, about 15% of the time, but during the time that it was up, I was very slow much of the time.  I have noticed that the Internet light goes out randomly, and during that time I cannot access any sites.

---------------

After that I tried to ping my own modem, (Tatoo H500NK) but the request timed out several times, and I'm losing 50% packets when pinging my own modem sometimes.  Please see below ping test:

------------------

C:\Windows\system32>ping 192.168.254.254

Pinging 192.168.254.254 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Reply from 192.168.254.254: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=30

Request timed out.

Reply from 192.168.254.254: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=30

Ping statistics for 192.168.254.254:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 1ms

------------------------------

I've tried to resolve this problem with Globe support, but they have apparently closed my ticket, even though I told them I did not consider the matter solved.  A technician told me he did some repairs in a near by cabinet, but how would a problem in the cabinet prevent me from pinging my own modem?