4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 10:32 AM by ChitoReyes

Stolen Note 5

byenote5

Good morning,

Unfortunately last night, I had my phone snatched from inside the jeep. I admit it's my fault because even after countless warnings and news about snatchers grabbing important stuff through the window, I still did use it while traveling. It was a terrible experience, really. I already reported it stolen and had the line deactivated and also asked for the IMEI to get blocked but I know that there are people who can change the IMEI of the device. Another unfortunate thing is that, I unsubscribe from Globe's Gadget Care and I deeply regret that. I was on plan 1999 and had a cash-out of 10800. I just wanna ask if I were to apply for the same device, how much should I need to pay? Is it possible to upgrade my account to 2500 to get a device for free or is it gonna be a different subscription? Do you have any suggested actions I could take? I wanna continue my contract but it feels dumb to pay for the device that someone else already has that it makes me think of not continuing my plan but I don't wanna be blacklisted from Globe. I also humbly ask to save the reprimanding because I still can't get over it and I might cry again. OTL

Thank you so much.

• Re: Stolen Note 5
          Arnel S. Bansil

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened. I've had a similar experience a couple years ago, and it indeed left me feeling shaken right after the moment you realize that your phone is now gone. For your options, to avail a new device, you'll need a new plan for that. What you can do is continue your current plan, secure a new phone as a prepaid kit, and then use your postpaid account on that phone. At least you wouldn't have to apply for a new plan and start all over again with your contract.

byenote5

It was a really terrible experience that I found it hard to sleep the first night and it was really hard to eat too. But now I feel a little better. I still dream about it and I wish to forget about what happened. I had been thinking and so I don't think I would like to continue the postpaid plan I have but I would like to pay for it. I had asked on Globe's twitter about the pre-termination fee and they told me to call the loyalty hotline. I would like to pay for the device because it's my liability but it would be too expensive for me if I would have to pay for it all in one go. Is it possible to pay for the handset through monthly installation? Just like paying the postpaid plan but just the gadget?

ChitoReyes

Such arrangement has not been heard of yet.

I suggest that you just get over it and I'm sure you will.

Just remember that you got the plan because you needed to use it and not because of the phone as most people would like to do. The reality is that the phones nowadays ARE NOT being subsidized by the network and the subscriber is the one really paying for it over the contracted time.

With this kind of arrangement, you still pay for the phone on an installment basis.

Think about it... you were willing to upgrade your plan to 2500 and if you make the calculations then you will even end up paying a lot more.

ChitoReyes

Use your existing account in another phone so you can take advantage of your subscription. Forget about your stolen phone the sooner the better so you can just move on.

By the way, as a friendly advice, you may not necessarily get the phone from Globe (as a prepaid unit). You can borrow, use an older phone or even purchase an unlocked unit from outside sources. More often than not, it comes out more inexpensive, practical and a wiser decision.