4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 2:28 PM by raqz

Recontracting and Reconnection

raqz

Last year, I called globe to request for an additional combo for my postpaid plan, namely, the unli texts and calls to globe users. The customer representative made a mistake, instead of imputing the said combo in my original account number, he created a new account number under my name with the said combo.

This resulted to me having two account numbers under one mobile number.

I was unable to track the billings under this account that is unknown to me. I pay online via bpi and people who similarly use this mode of payment would know that one needs the account number in order to pay.

Now, the new account number accumulated billings and I was prompted for overdue payments. I went to globe, duly paid said overdue payments for my additional combo and requested that this new account be deleted. Now, during that time, that was April 2015, I did not bother to check whether the new account under my name was promptly deleted.

And now, I am having issues with recontracting because the customer representative (over the phone) said that I have an overdue account with a balance of zero, and I have to re-activate said account. I am having issues with this because:

1. I already asked them to delete this account.

2. I do not understand why I need to reactivate this account in order to recontract.

I digged through my past ORs and it was fortunate that I found it. I then called 211, and then asked for reconnection via this site, and did everything I could do to have that account reactivated, but it seems to me that nothing worked.

I am planning to go to a globe store this Saturday, but based on experience, even face to face customer representatives are at a loss when presented with this problem. I am afraid that this issue might not be fixed even if I do visit a physical store. It was their own agent who made the mistake of adding a new account under the same mobile number, and now I am having difficulties recontracting and they can't do anything about it.

Did any of you encounter the same issue? Kindly help me please.

• Re: Recontracting and Reconnection
          mikec)

hi raqz much better you fixed that problem prior of ending or recontracting your plan, i experienced lots and lots of issues with globe. all we need is patience and determination. i really understand your sentiments and frustrations, because i myself was a victim too of that so called "agents lapses".

the best thing you should do right now, is to contact the loyalty department since they are the incharge for recontractiong and advise them with your plan that you wanted to avail of recontracting and you have that issue, tell them everything what had happend, if they cannot solve your issue, tell them to connect to retention department and for your information;  retention department can terminate your account, for sure they can assist you will your concern.

for your information retention department is the so called termination department of globe but before they try to get rid of your account they are always willing to listen and have the most "empathy" to globe subscribers.  take it from me i am more than 5 years already with globe.

take care my friend...

p.s. tell the retention department that you have the documents on hand....

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            akosilucas

Hi Raqz.

I believe that a certain account should be unique.

Ratio must be 1:1, 1 account number per mobile number

Have you requested to reactivate an old account of yours?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                raqz

Hi akosilucas,

No, this is the first account I have with globe.

I went to a globe store last Saturday, the globe customer service representative said the same thing, that only one account should exist per mobile number (1:1), however, mine has two accounts under one mobile number. After seeing the problem, he then told me that my account is already qualified for re-contracting. This is only a guess, but I think the first agent who declined my re-contracting request was rather 'new' and worked 'by the book.'

Clearly, unique customer conditions like mine exist, and customer service agents should be more flexible in dealing with us globe users.

akosilucas