6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2017 7:13 AM by onlyfireintherain Branched to a new discussion.

Data usage eating up regular load despite connecting to stable wifi

banfern1997

I recently switched to from postpaid to prepaid. Currently using an iPhone5s. I usually never turn off my cellular data even under wifi. I have never subscribed to any promos as of the moment and only have regular load. Why does the *143# menu keep on prompting me that my load is being consumed by data usage ( and hell, it actually is) when in fact I'm connected to a wifi network? To add, I've already disabled smart switch (negligible anyway since I'm connected to a stable wifi connection).

I know switching on and off Cellular data from time to time isn't much but doing this EVERYTIME is a chore. Is there any way to remedy this?

Will subscribing to gosurf or other prepaid promos remove this? And what will happen if my data subscription expires and I have regular load left then I have left my cellular data on?

12325259_1282722221744349_647804018_n.jpg

I'm obviously on WiFi basing from the picture. And to remove speculations, you can't open the bottom dock to switch WiFi on/off when that prompt menu shows up nor switch windows

The online support told me to reset my APN settings. To no avail, it's still the same.