4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2016 11:59 PM by zyper95

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (Duos)

aljonmendiola

I already got my handset yesterday, when i saw the back of the phone it was Duos so it's dual sim which I really don't like. Then, I called the hotline and the representative told me that all the samsung galaxy s7 edge were duos from the day it was launched March 19, 2016. I just want to re-confirm it. Or is it possible to be replaced a single sim instead? Please enlighten me. Thank you.

• Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (Duos)
          syj0892

As far as I know, the S7 variants are really dual sim phones. The second sim slot is to be used interchangeably as your SD slot.

zyper95

Not entirely true, Samsung S7 Edge has two variants one with single sim and one with dual sim which the second sim slot can also be used for expandable memory (SD card). So basically having a dual sim and use only one and install an SD card on the other sim slot it will still function just like as a single sim phone. Aside from the sim slot another S7 Edge uses two different processor depending on the model release per region. Globe decided to get the dual sim variant since when it comes to hardware there is no difference the only advantage for Galaxy S7 Edge Duos SM-G935FD is it can accommodate two sims.

Untitled.jpg

syj0892

Well, that's true. I did read in one article (I don't remember if it was Unbox or TechPinas) that the variant we're getting here in the Philippines is the 32GB and dual sim variant. Not sure if we're getting the single sim variant.

zyper95

As for the variant it depends on the Telecom company who will offer the device which one they would prefer to offer for this plans, as for Globe they chose the dual sim variant yet I am not sure if they will also offer the single sim variant. As per aljonmendiola inquiry if he can request to have the unit replace if the single variant is available I'm afraid it is not possible. Any changes on the pre-order should have been made before the unit ship out.