1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2016 12:27 PM by frclaor

How to setup my Globe tattoo Internet on a Cisco Linksys WiFi Router ?

dammhahner

Hi,

my Prolink WiFI router that Globe provided is not working anymore. So I got a Cisco Linksys EA2700 WiFi router and want to configure it so I can continue using my Globe Tattoo Internet.

However I am facing some problems and hope someone can help me.

I access the Cisco Linksys WiFi Router under the IP address 192.168.1.1.

Under Setup --> Basic Setup --> Internet Setup I chose "PPPoE" then I enter my username and password. The password seems to be my Globe Tatto account number.

First question here: is it normal that the Username is usually "firstname_lastname@globelines.com.ph" ?

Anyway I even confirmed with the Globe Tattoo Support that this seems to be my User and Password combination.

However it is still not connecting to the Internet. I assume I also need to make some entries under "Network Setup" --> Host Name and Domain Name. I have the strong feeling I need to enter something under "Host Name" and "Domain Name".

In general this Cisco WiFi Router offers quite some more configuration options than the Prolink had before.

Do I have to enter something under "MTU" ?

Do I need to change the 'Router IP Address" from 192.168.1.1 to something else ?

I already browsed the Internet but cannot find a helpful link. Can someone help me ?

Best regards,

dammhahner